My portable gaming girlfriend V1 C1 Part 6

After repeating this countless times, I finally failed to survive the first day. Could it be that this thing was a semi-finished product? I didn't see any payment prompts either.

Soon, almost desperate, I could only choose the final solution.

Raising my hand, on the holographic screen projected by the metal bracelet, I called up a conversation with the netizen who I had just met a few days ago- [Eternal Waning Moon In The Bloody Sky].

If I could, I didn't want to talk to him often.

Speaking of this netizen, he should be a game lover like me.

The specific performance was that in a day, around 18 hours his status on the gaming platform would appear "in game".

Of course, don’t ask me why I was sure that someone else was in the game for 18 hours...

However, unlike me, who liked certain types of games, this guy had a lot of knowledge. The number of games he purchased on the SKYLAND platform was almost 10 times that of mine...

With a beep, my thoughts were interrupted...

"Hello viewers, welcome to the live broadcast channel of this platform. Today we have invited Mr. Shen Kong, who is a research and development staff of Endea, as a special guest on the security issues of VR games that frequently spread on the Internet. Hello, Mr. Shen Kong."

"Hello!"

So what is the point of this sudden ad push? Just because I am not a paid member of the SKYLAND platform, so I can't skip it? Looking at the holographic window that appeared in front of me, I sighed helplessly.

The gentle man with glasses on the screen was a member of Endea, a company responsible for various artificial intelligence development in popular VR games.

Speaking of which, there have indeed been cases of players falling into a coma for some reason while playing VR games and unable to go offline.

Such rumors and urban legends were always very creepy. Anything that became popular was like this. Negative news and anything that people deliberately wanted to hype up was completely unreliable.

There was no point watching this kind of boring show, I'd rather zone out for a while-

"And the interviewer invited today is the popular professional game player Su You."

This sentence caught my attention.

At this time, the camera turned to the other side, where a stylish yellow-haired young man sat on the sofa.

Su You, also known as the legend of the gaming community, not only won consecutive championships in the world competitions, but he also topped the rankings of almost all games. In other words, there was no game he was not good at. In addition, his attitude was very kind, not like other arrogant pro gamers at all. It could be said that he was my idol.

"Mr. Shen. Regarding what many netizens said before, VR games can cause brain dysfunction, memory loss, vegetative state, and even brain death. What's your opinion on this?"

Su You's question really hit the nail on the head. Although I believed that they had already prepared the questions and answers in advance.

"I think this is impossible. First of all, the so-called VR or virtual reality technology is just a computer simulation system that can create and experience virtual worlds. In virtual reality games, the game helmet generates a corresponding simulation environment through brain-computer interaction technology, which is actually no essential difference from dreaming."

Researcher Shen Kong said confidently, not believing those claims at all.

"It is impossible for it to cause harm to the user. The power of the output signal is strictly tested. Even those horror games that are dedicated to the pursuit of sensory and psychological stimulation will respond in real time according to the user's physical state; the system will force players to log out before any problem occurs."

"Thank you Mr. Shen. Some netizens previously exposed a serious incident in which a player died suddenly while playing a game. What is your opinion on this? "

So there really is such an incident? I became interested.

"I think netizens have some misunderstandings about this. According to the results announced by the police and the company, the deceased himself suffered from heart disease, so it was probably just an accident. Please pay attention here. Players with heart problems need to avoid stimulating games, this is also stated in the equipment packaging and game instructions."

The host nodded slightly. Hang on a second, I seemed to know what was going on.

"In addition, I would like to sincerely remind all users not to be addicted to playing games. Please keep in mind that at this stage, the virtual reality technology is not suitable for everyone.  In addition, please do not easily believe in some claims and rumors on the Internet, game equipment and the content itself are harmless. "

"Thank you very much for Mr. Shen's answer. By the way, as a game player, I need to be in contact with VR devices for a long time every day. Although I have never seen the death of a player, after a long game, even I would inevitably feel uncomfortable. So I hope everyone can arrange game time appropriately and not play for too long. See you next time!"

I closed the window. In fact, the intention of this kind of interview conducted by the official channel was too obvious. It seemed like a deliberate refutation of rumors. Even the professional game players like Su You were also invited to do the interview to increase the publicity.

It had to be said that hardware and software manufacturers have indeed made great efforts to calm the users. In this way, 80% of those who deliberately engaged in making troubles on the Internet would not be able to do anything.

After this interview, all kinds of evidence would be listed, completely dismissing those claims and rumors...

But as Su You and Shen Kong said, I didn't believe that playing a VR game would have such serious consequences. I haven't seen any accidents after playing for so long.

Anyway, back to the game itself, why did it suddenly end!

Ah, right, I have to send a message to Waning Moon.

[Me: This game is really difficult. Why did the gameover interface jump out when I lay on the bed the first night? Is it because I didn't buy any credit?]

Probably because he was in the middle of a game, it took him 5 minutes to reply to the message.

[Waning Moon: Seriously? This is one of the simplest galgames, and there is no in-app purchase function.]

[Me: So, what kind of game is a galgame?]

[Waning Moon: You don't even know what kind of game a galgame is? ]

In desperation, Waning Moon gave me a brief introduction about what galgame was.

Simply put, galgames were dating sims. It has existed as early as decades ago in the desktop era.

In the game, the player needed to talk to the beautiful girls and choose the correct option to conquer them. Although the early galgame mainly focused on reading text, it was limited by the level of hardware and software.
........................................................................................................

Join our discord, if you find out this novel is interesting and you want to help out editing this novel.


Please vote for us on https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-portable-gaming-girlfriend/


You can find the latest chapters at ( otakutl .blog spot . co m)

Previous   Index   Next         


If you would like to support this translation, you may choose any one of the options below.

Patreon

Paypal Donation

Ko-fi


You c an fi nd t he la te st cha pte rs at ( ot a ku tl .bl og s po t . c  o m

No comments:

Post a Comment