[BL] Rebirth: Back to Zero - Chapter 3 Part 1

 

Rebirth: Back to Zero 
Author: 祎庭沫瞳 (Yi Ting Mo Tong)

Chapter 03 Making Up to You (Part 1)

Hearing that Jun Lixuan had regained consciousness, the Sixth Prince, Jun Liche could relax at long last. A messenger had been sent to inform him ease his worries and instructed him to take his time to return to the Capital. As such, Jun Liche conscientiously completed the Emperor’s task with a peace of mind before returning. After reporting the successful completion of his duties at the Imperial Study, he headed straight for the hall where Jun Lixuan was recuperating at.

“Sixth Brother,” As Jun Liche made his way into Jun Lixuan’s bedroom, Jun Lixuan immediately put down his book and greeted his brother. Seeing the brother who cried bitterly at this grave, a tint of sorrow surfaced in his eyes. In his past life, he was indifferent to the emotions of others. Resultantly, he lost much of the bonds and affection that brothers should have. Fortunately, he had this life to make up for his mistakes.

“Why are you reading? You’re injured, recuperation should be your priority. Remember to let your mind rest.” Jun Liche smiled gently and lectured his injured sibling.

“I've mostly recovered. Most likely, I can return to my own manor in 2 days." Since there were no outsiders around, Jun Lixuan spoke bluntly, "To be honest, while it's quite nice to live in the Palace, it's a little confining. I've so much more freedom in my own manor."

Jun Liche nodded in agreement, "You're right. We might not realise it when we were younger. Still, once we experienced life in our personal manors, we definitely find the Palace constricting whenever we return. But, it's more convenient to nurse your injured body here. Don't be too greedy for freedom; your health comes first, alright?"

"I know, the wound is healing rather quickly. I'll be fine."

Jun Liche looked warmly at his brother in silence. After some time, he nodded and said, "Lixuan, I think the hostility between your brows faded a little after you woke up."

"Is it?" Jun Lixuan had not looked into the mirror for days and was personally unsure about this change.

"Yes. On the battlefield, that hostility is a mark of might and power. But if you keep it that way throughout your daily life, it's rather frightening. The three of us are together every day, so we've gotten used to that aggressive expression of yours. Look at the servants in your Manor and the Palace. All of them lower the heads to avoid your gaze, trying to bury their presence from you."

Jun Lixuan frowned slightly, thinking that it was indeed the case. No one in his manor dared to say a word to him except Ming Li who had served him since he was a child. Since birth, he was stuck with this aggressive look, and it's been the Empress's constant worry. Despite the passing years, she still got occasionally shocked when she met Jun Lixuan. This was also the reason for Jun Lixuan feeling estranged from his Empress Mother.

In retrospect, the Empress did not dislike him, nor did she fear him. Instead, it was a simple matter of getting shocked by his grim expression. This cannot be blamed on her. As a woman stuck in the Palace, it was expected that she was not as bold as a man.

"Alright, let's leave this talk here." Sensing the heavy atmosphere, Jun Liche shifted the topic. "I heard that someone had a change of mind and wished to have Ling Qiyang's hand in marriage?"

Speaking of Ling Qiyang, the gloominess on Jun Lixuan instantly dissipated, and his expression softened by leaps and bounds. He remembered his regrets from the past life; how he failed to live up Ling Qiyang's decade of waiting and Ling Qiyang's lamentation at his dying moment. Moreover, he had already forced Ling Qiyang to wait for 3 long years this life. He muttered softly, "Looking back, I feel that I've owed him a lot over these three years. From the beginning, he was never at fault. I originally thought he was the Imperial Noble Consort's spy, so I kept my distance. But when I rejected the marriage, only the was Emperor Father enraged. Throughout the saga, the Consort did not say anything. Most likely, this marriage is entirely Emperor Father's idea."

"He’s waited for me for three years, and soon his best years would be over. Actually, the two of us go a long way back. It’s so frustrating that I'm probably the only one that forgot our past together. I’m sure he truly loves me. Otherwise, he would not have wasted his years waiting for me. After all, I had ready rejected him flat out.”

Jun Liche nodded in agreement as he sighed, “Time is the best test for a person’s heart. Since you have seen his true love, you must not let him down in the future.”

“Yes,” Jun Lixuan sat up straight on his bed and said, “You know, Emperor Father originally wanted to marry him to you. But I begged him for another chance.” Within the 3 brothers, he was the only one without a single concubine, let alone a consort.

“I never met Ling Qiyang in person, let alone have any romantic feelings between us. You marrying him does not affect me. Emperor Father suggesting that I married him is a mere thought, an unconfirmed idea that is not decreed. Moreover, you have already taken Ling Qiyang’s heart. If I married him, I’m destroying his life. I too want to find someone that I can wholeheartedly love, someone to stay by my side till I turn old.” Jun Liche smiled and said. If Emperor Father insisted on the marriage, he could not have rejected it. However, the days that followed would have been a life lacking in the warmth of love. They would live together, but as legally bound roommates.

“In any case, thank you, Sixth Brother, for making my marriage happen.” Since this matter involved Ling Qiyang, Jun Lixuan was willing to ensure all formalities were carried out.

“No need for thanks. Instead, when I find someone I love, do speak on my behalf to Emperor Father, and aid me in my marriage arrangements.” With a carefree smile, Jun Liche returned the thanks.

“Definitely.” Jun Lixuan nodded solemnly.


Previous       Full Chapter Listings       Next

**The next release has been scheduled. If the "Next" option fails, please try again later.**

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Translator’s Note:

Apologies for the late update! Thank you for the 2 supportive reviews on NovelUpdates! Do share this novel with you friends. Seeing the increasing viewership really keeps me going!



If you would like to support this translation, you may choose from any of the options below:

PayPal Donation           Ko-Fi Support           Patreon Membership         

No comments:

Post a Comment