The Amber Sword V3C113

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Chapter 113: Tonygel and the Young Lord Part 13  

The soldiers, seeing the young man straighten up, quickly moved to restrain him. They glanced at their lord with questioning eyes. "My lord, shall we take him away?"  

Brandon studied the youth before him. He knew this was Sir Minty’s second son, but the fact that such a rigid old gentleman had raised such an intriguing young man amused him.  

Changing his mind, he shook his head. "Release him."  

"Release him?" The soldiers exchanged puzzled glances.  

"Release him," Brandon repeated firmly.  

Reluctantly, the soldiers untied the coarse hemp rope binding Karglis’s wrists. The young man winced, rubbing his sore wrists. Though they hadn’t beaten him, their treatment hadn’t been gentle either.  

He glanced down at the angry red marks on his pale wrists and frowned deeply. But more than the discomfort, what intrigued Karglis was Brandon’s intent. Looking up, his pale gray eyes locked onto Brandon. After a moment, he asked, "So you’re really...?"  

"You mean, the leader of these ‘rebels’?"  

"Not at all," Karglis replied awkwardly, forcing a smile.  

In truth, he was astounded. Only now did Karglis realize that this opponent was roughly his age—yet far surpassed him in swordsmanship and commanded a vast following. Staring at Brandon, he couldn’t help but feel the past decade of his life had been wasted. Palas’s words echoed in his mind: staying cooped up in Tonygel would only limit his potential.  

"But I’m curious," Karglis said, still massaging his wrists. "Why did you release me?"  

"What if I said it was to recruit you?" Brandon asked.  

"I wouldn’t believe you," the young man replied, shaking his head. "Why would I serve you?"  

"And if I told you I’m an emissary sent by Princess Grifine Colcova Odysseus to establish a secret base here to counterbalance Earl Jandel, would you believe me then?"  

This time, not only Karglis but even Kulan stared at Brandon in shock. The young man clearly didn’t buy it, regarding Brandon as though he were mad. However, the elder’s gaze held a flicker of realization. Recalling Tobbs’s ties to the Colcova royal family and reflecting on Brandon’s recent actions, Kulan began to suspect there might be some truth to the young lord’s words—or at least part of them.  

"That joke isn’t funny," Karglis said, frowning. "But since you’re the lord here, I’ll say it’s... tolerable."  

Brandon smiled faintly and pulled a silver brooch from his pocket. "This is called the Silver Shield Badge, a token of the Royal Knights."  

Karglis paused. "How do I know you’re not lying?"  

Kulan too harbored doubts. He’d heard of the Silver Shield Badge, but whether Brandon’s was genuine remained uncertain. The more he doubted, the more he believed Brandon’s words might hold some truth.  

After all, how coincidental was it that this group of well-trained “rebels” managed to defeat Grudin?  

Brandon tucked the badge away. It was authentic, delivered alongside a private letter from the princess. The letter itself was brief, merely expressing the royal family’s appreciation for capable young men like him. Beyond that, it revealed nothing—a carefully worded response leaving no room for misinterpretation. Even with this so-called handwritten letter from Princess Grifine, Brandon gained little leverage.  

Yet he cherished it dearly, storing it away meticulously. Antietta expressed great bewilderment at his reverence, grumbling that only a fool wouldn’t see through the Colcova royalty’s stinginess.  

But Brandon wasn’t blind to it. Once upon a time, the regent princess had been the dream maiden of countless otaku—including himself. Though most eventually realized their admiration stemmed from youthful idealism, the sincerity of those memories lingered. Especially when her handwritten letter reappeared on his desk, denying any emotional stir would be a lie.  

"Alright, let’s set that aside," Brandon continued. "I’ve heard about you. You intended to head north with a few followers to answer Princess Grifine’s call to restore the Colcova dynasty, correct?"  

Karglis froze, his hand halting mid-motion. "It seems you know quite a bit."  

"You’re far more remarkable than many I’ve met. Tonygel can’t contain you," Brandon remarked, trying to recall fragments of the youth’s history in another timeline—but alas, he drew a blank.  

It wasn’t surprising. Eruin once brimmed with promising youths, yet not all names shone brightly. Time filtered out the incapable, while others fell victim to misfortune. Bandits, monsters, cultists, and scheming lords made the countryside perilous. Many perished en route to Flada—  

"No offense, but coming from you, it sounds mocking," Karglis retorted, frowning.  

"No," Brandon shook his head. "I’m serious. What do you say? Are you interested?"  

"What do you mean?" Karglis blinked.  

"I need your help."  

"You’re joking!" The youth gaped.  

Brandon shook his head. "I’m serious. Your abilities are sufficient, and more importantly, you have the will—"  

"Wait," Karglis interrupted. "I never agreed."  

"Would you rather stay in Tonygel forever, miss this turbulent era, and end up as a rural lord who grows old bitterly?"  

"Are you indirectly insulting my father?" Karglis frowned. Despite being a captive, he acted more like a guest. "And why should I trust you?"  

"I’ll give you a chance to try."  

"But once you board a pirate ship, it’s hard to disembark. If you want to convince me, show me some benefit. If I fall for empty promises, wouldn’t that make me look incompetent?"  

Though Karglis spoke skeptically, his heart stirred. He wasn’t born to lead an ordinary life. Whether serving the princess or following this young lord, he yearned to escape the mediocrity of his father’s path. Brandon’s boldness resonated with him; perhaps this youth could fulfill his dreams.  

He pondered a moment before asking cautiously, "Who are you, and what do you want?"  

Silence enveloped the courtyard, broken only by the faint rustling of leaves.  

Even Kulan found the question abrupt.  

But Brandon answered calmly, "I’ve already told you who I am."  

"As for what I want..." The young lord smiled faintly, the gesture carrying weight under the rare winter sunlight.  

"What if I told you I plan to grab Duke Anlek by the beard, pin him to the ground, and beat him senseless, then settle accounts with Madara’s skeletal remains? Would you believe me?"  

Karglis froze, then his eyes sparkled with fervor. He nodded fiercely. "Great idea."  

Kulan watched the two, feeling ancient. Back in his day with Tobbs, they too were fearless, striking terror into enemies during the November Wars. But times had changed.  

Seeing Karglis’s eager expression, Kulan pulled Brandon aside and whispered urgently, "Are you mad, Brandon? He’s Sir Minty’s son. If you lure him away, that stubborn old man will come after you with everything he has. Think carefully."  

"Everything he has?" Brandon chuckled. "Let him get out of my dungeon first."  

"You’re not releasing the old knight?" Kulan frowned, finding this behavior unscrupulous. Brandon was stealing someone else’s son after years of raising him while keeping the father locked up.  

"Ask him yourself," Brandon gestured toward Karglis.  

Kulan glanced back at the young man and sighed. Sir Minty would likely kill his own son if he learned of this. Karglis surely understood that—if Brandon suggested delaying, the youth would eagerly agree.  

"The youth of today..." Kulan muttered, exasperated.  

"Don’t worry. I’ll treat the old knight well. I have high hopes for Karglis. His future achievements will be extraordinary."  

Kulan shook his head. "Brandon, was what you said earlier true?"  

"What?"  

"Don’t play dumb," the elder growled. "I mean about the princess."  

"False."  

"Damn you!" Kulan kicked out, but Brandon dodged easily. Laughing, he replied, "Sir Kulan, even if it were true, it’s classified. How could I reveal it so casually?"  

Kulan paused, realizing the possibility. Yet this young man often blurred truths. Unable to trust fully, Kulan suppressed his doubts.  

Interrupting his thoughts, Brandon turned to the old swordsman. "Sir Kulan, are you interested in a trip?"  

"A trip?" Kulan blinked, eyeing Brandon suspiciously. What scheme was brewing in that mind now?


Please rate or leave a review for this novel at 
If you would like to support this translation, you may choose any one of the options below.

Paypal/Card Donation

Ko-fi

Patreon

Tier 1: 20 Advance chapters  
Access fee $3.00 Monthly   
Link
Tier 2: 40 Advance chapters  
Access fee $6.00 Monthly 
Link
Tier 3: 60 Advance chapters  
Access fee $10.00 Monthly 
Link
Tier 4: 80 Advance chapters  
Access fee $20.00 First Month, then $10.00 Monthly 
Link
Tier 5: 100 Advance chapters  
Access fee $30.00 First Month, then $10.00 Monthly 
Link
Tier 6: 225 Advance chapters 
Access fee $60.00 First Month, then $10.00 Monthly 
 

Previous              

TOC

               Next



Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.