Rebirth of 1985's Best Doctor Chapter 27 - Runaway

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation
Su Jinyue folded the letter and put it back in the wooden box. Picking up the porcelain bottle, she opened it and sniffed. “This pill is quite fragrant. I wonder what it does.”

“Master, try a pill.” Little Fairy suggested. 

Su Jinyue raised her head and glanced at the hole in the ceiling. She returned the porcelain bottle back to the wooden box. “Let’s go back first.”

It was now dawn. Today, Yihan would go to propose marriage to Master. She had to hurry back. 

Taking off her coat, she made a little bag to carry the wooden box on her back. Su Jinyue stepped to the cave wall and slowly crawled up. Fortunately, the cave was not too deep. Otherwise, it would be difficult for her to climb up.

***

Zhan Yihan and his parents came to the clinic with the bride price. They were surprised to see Xu Tiansheng sitting there with a frown. 

The three of them looked at each other. Wang Menzhen stepped forward and spoke with a smile, “Dr.Xu, we are here to propose to Dr.Su. Where is Dr.Su?”

Xu Tiansheng sighed and shook his head. He really didn’t know what to say. He didn’t see Jinyue when he woke up in the morning. He asked Yiren where Jinyue had gone. Yiren told him that Jinyue told her last night that she didn’t want to marry Zhan Yihan, so she ran away from home. How could Jinyue be so self-willed?!

“Aunt Zhan, don’t ask Master. Jinyue, she is gone.” Song Yiren walked out from inside, her face a little pale. She seemed to be lacking energy. It was obvious she didn’t sleep well last night. 

“What’s the matter?” Zhan Yihan asked with a frown. Jinyue had already agreed to marry him, how could she leave?

“Dr.Song, what is going on?” Wang Meizhen looked at Song Yiren anxiously. Didn’t Yihan say Dr.Su agreed to him? Why did she leave?

Song Yiren sighed before slowly speaking, “Jinyue came to me last night. She told me that she thought about it for a long time and decided not to marry Brother Zhan. She was leaving Shangxin Village and going to the big city. She will find someone from the city to marry. I tried to persuade her for a long time, but she just didn’t listen. I got up in the morning to find she was really gone.”

Su Jinyue had already rolled down the hill. Even if they didn’t believe her, they wouldn’t be able to find the person. 

“You lied!” Zhan Yihan said coldly. He firmly believed Jinyue was definitely not such a person. 

“Brother Zhan, what I said is true. How could I lie to you? Besides, Jinyue and I are sisters, how could I fabricate a lie to slander her?” Song Yiren looked at Zhan Yihan with grievances written all over her face. 

“I don’t believe it!” Zhan Yihan said solemnly. He knew exactly what kind of person Jinyue was, and she would never leave silently. 

“I can’t do anything if you don’t believe me, but Jinyue really left. I still have a letter from her.” Song Yiren took out a letter from her pocket and handed it to Zhan Yihan. She and Su Jinyue grew up together. She could imitate her handwriting so perfectly that even Master couldn’t tell them apart. 

Zhan Yihan took the letter and read it. 

Yihan, 

I am sorry! I am leaving. I considered it for a long time and felt we were not suitable. I promised you at that time on a temporary impulse. I am really sorry for the trouble I caused you!

I won’t go back to Shangxin Village in the future. You don’t have to wait for me. Goodbye! Take care!

“Let me take a look.” Wang Meizhen snatched the letter. Looking over it, she handed it to Zhan Dafeng. “You read it to me.”

She was too anxious and forgot she could not read.

Zhan Dafeng scanned the letter and shook his head with a sigh. 

“What did she write? You say. You are really making me anxious.” Wang Meizhen spoke with anxiety. 

“She said she won’t be back so Yihan doesn’t need to wit for her.” Zhan Dafeng roughly summarized. He used to think Dr.Su was very good, but after this incident, he completely changed his view of her. 

Hearing this, Wang Meizhen’s anger could no longer be controlled. “Our Yihan can find better! Go, go home!”

There were so many good girls in this world. Who does Dr.Su think she is? Did they need her?

“This letter was not written by her.” Zhan Yihan looked at Song Yiren with ice-cold eyes. 

Song Yiren gulped and did not dare meet Zhan Yihan’s eyes. However, she was afraid if she dodged his eyes, he would feel it was because of a guilty conscience. She could only bite the bullet and face Zhan Yihan’s eyes. “This is really Jinyue’s handwriting. If you don’t believe me, you can ask Master.”

Why was Brother Zhan so sure this letter was not written by Jinyue? Did he find any flaws? But she didn’t show any flaws.

“It’s Jinyue’s handwriting.” Xu Tiansheng admitted. He had also read that letter and the handwriting was indeed Jinyue’s. 

Zhan Yihan still looked at Song Yiren, his eyes getting colder and colder. 

Song Yiren was a little flustered, “Brother Zhan, why are you looking at me like this? I really didn’t lie to you.”

“Really didn’t lie?” Su Jinyue’s voice came from the door. 

Song Yiren was startled and looked at Su Jinyue in disbelief. How did she come back? Didn’t she roll down the hillside?

The corner of Zhan Yihan’s mouth slightly curled and he turned to look at Su Jinyue, "Are you okay?”

He knew she would not leave. If she did leave, she would definitely not just leave a letter for him and not leave a letter for Dr.Xu. 

Su Jinyue smiled and shook her head. Walking to Song Yiren, she looked at her mockingly, “Are you disappointed I came back?” 

“What, what are you talking about? I don’t understand.” Song Yiren pretended she didn’t know anything. That bastard can’t even handle this little thing!

“What’s going on?” Wang Meizhen looked at Su Jinyue in surprise. 

“Jinyue, where have you been?” Xu Tiansheng also didn’t understand.

“Didn’t Yiren tell you?” Su Jinyue smiled and looked at everyone. Although she didn’t hear what Song Yiren said, she could guess it. Song Yiren must have said she thought she was not suitable with Yihan, so she ran away from home. 

Xu Tiansheng frowned and looked at Song Yiren. It seemed Yiren was lying. However, the handwriting was obviously Jinyue’s. 

“Didn’t you leave the letter? Look, the letter is still here.” Wang Meizhen took the letter from Zhan Dafeng and handed it to Su Jinyue. 

Su Jinyue took and read the letter. “I didn’t write this letter.”

“Jinyue, how could you harm me like this? How did I offend you that you treat me like this? We grew up together as close sisters.” Song Yiren looked at Su Jinyue and cried grievously. 

Su Jinyue raised an eyebrow and looked at Song Yiren jokingly. “How did I harm you?”

She wanted to see what Song Yiren would do. 

“You clearly told me last night that you don’t like Brother Zhan and you don’t want to marry Brother Zhan. You left this letter with me. It turned out all of this was set up by you on purpose. Do you want Brother Zhan to hate me?” Song Yiren asked. 


Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






No comments:

Post a Comment