Rebirth and Redemption C15

 

Chapter 15 — Rest Assured

Not only for himself, but also for Rong Xun.
_________________________

For dinner, Chu Feng still took Rong Xun to eat in the small canteen. Gui Heng and Si Xian were also with them and the four had dinner together, they were all used to it.

Chu Feng also gradually figured out Rong Xun's preferences when eating. Rong Xun wasn’t an absolute carnivore like most boys. He liked the combination of meat and vegetables. Usually, if there were three dishes, one meat dish was enough. For vegetable dishes, Rong Xun wouldn't choose, he would eat whatever Chu Feng brought him.


Chu Feng gave Rong Xun a piece of spare ribs, he asked him, “Are you going home this weekend?” 

“I went back last week. I want to stay at school and read books this week.” Rong Xun said. The school had a self-study room and the large canteen provided regular meals. Staying in school would gradually become the common choice of third senior high school students.

“Well, I won't go back this week. But I have to go out on Saturday and come back in the evening.” Chu Feng felt that he should tell Rong Xun about his schedule, let his heart be number

Rong Xun nodded and said, “Okay.”

“Are you not going to ask where I'm going?" Chu Feng raised his eyebrows. Generally speaking, a person would ask more questions, right?

Rong Xun shook his head and said, “You will naturally tell me if you want to say it.” Rong Xun felt that Chu Feng also had his personal space and had no obligation to report everything to him. Even if he wanted to know, he would not ask more, so as not to appear troublesome.

Chu Feng smiled and said, “I'm going to shoot an advertisement.” Once the advertisement was broadcasted smoothly, they would know. Instead of explaining at that time, he might as well say it now.

“Advertisement?” Rong Xun stared at him in surprise.

Si Xian and Gui Heng also turned their eyes to him and waited for him to explain.

“Well, it's a favor for an uncle.” Chu Feng didn't elaborate. Both Gui Heng and Si Xian know the situation of his family. The opportunity of shooting an advertisement wasn’t enough to surprise them. Rong Xun might not know about his family, but Chu Feng would slowly tell him later, mainly because he was afraid that Rong Xun would not accept it. After all, his mother was enough to surprise people.

Rong Xun knew that Chu Feng's family was very good, and some people in the class have discussed that Chu Feng was a rich second generation. However, Rong Xun didn't know exactly his family, nor did other students in the class. Gui Heng and Si Xian, who might know were tight-lipped. The students who liked to gossip in the class didn't get any useful news from them. 


“Are you going to enter the entertainment industry?” Si Xian asked him.

Chu Feng smiled and didn't admit or deny it. He just said, “The uncle asked my mother. My mother called me this noon and I thought about making some money, so I agreed. After all, it's just an advertisement. It won't take long.”

After hearing this, Si Xian nodded and said, “It's really hard to refuse. Then, go back and sign me 500 autographs, a dime for each one. When you're famous, I'll take it out and sell it. It's sure to double.”

“This is too cheap for you,” Chu Feng said with a smile. As soon as he turned his head, he saw Rong Xun's eyebrows frown slightly, but on the surface, it seemed that there was nothing wrong. He just didn't look at him anymore but looked down at the bowl of rice.

Chu Feng didn't say anything. He just gave him some dishes and asked him to eat more.


After dinner, Chu Feng took Rong Xun to the supermarket. When he came back last weekend, he only took what his mother asked him to bring to Rong Xun. He ate it that night. There were no other snacks in his bedroom and no milk. It just so happened that he didn't have a lot of homework today. He wanted to take Rong Xun to buy some back. 

As they walked, Chu Feng looked at Rong Xun, who had been silent all the time, and asked, “Are you unhappy?” He intuitively felt that Rong Xun's silence had something to do when he mentioned that he was going to shoot an advertisement.

“No.” Rong Xun followed him but still didn't look at him.

Chu Feng stopped, looked at Rong Xun seriously, and said, “In many things, I may not be so careful. I want you to be happy. So, whenever you are unhappy, you must tell me. Don't make me guess. I can’t always guess, okay?”

Rong Xun also stopped, looked up at Chu Feng, and said awkwardly, “I'm not unhappy. It's just... Do you really want to enter the entertainment industry?”

“If I said yes, would you object?" Chu Feng was very concerned about Rong Xun's thoughts. Since he had the intention to continue this road in the future, he had to talk to Rong Xun about the matter.

Rong Xun lowered his head and whispered, “There will be many beautiful girls in the entertainment circle…”

Chu Feng suddenly heard such a joke and wanted to laugh. There were many temptations in the entertainment circle. Rong Xun was upset because he cared too much about him.

Chu Feng took Rong Xun's hand and said, “Rong Xun, wherever I go, the thread holding me will always be in your hand. So you don't have to worry. This is my commitment to you and myself.”

The thread was in his hand or something made Rong Xun's mood bright in an instant. Chu Feng was really good to him. He should trust Chu Feng more.

“Well, I'm just a little worried,” Rong Xun explained.

“I know. I think I should tell you about my family.” Chu Feng prepared to reveal a little bit, “My family runs an entertainment company. You may not know much about this. Anyway, you know it's an entertainment company. Even if I don't enter the entertainment industry, if I take over the family’s business in the future, I still have to be involved in the entertainment industry. Because of my family, I have had a deep understanding of this industry since I was a child and know how to take care of myself alone, so the things you’re worried about, you can rest assured that nothing will happen.” 

Rong Xun was surprised. He didn't expect that Chu Feng's family actually owned an entertainment company, and the news that no one could find, Chu Feng personally told him.

“Rong Xun,” Chu Feng clenched Rong Xun's hand and said, “I will only be with you in my life. If one day you don't want me, I won't find anyone else.”

I will not want you…” Rong Xun said anxiously, but then blushed—it seemed a bit too proactive.

Chu Feng smiled and said, “I can write this down. You can’t go back on your words.” He knew that Rong Xun wouldn't change his mind. After ten years of being a bastard, Rong Xun still couldn't let him go. He knew that Rong Xun was a very dedicated person, even a bit foolish, making people distressed. 

“En...I won't regret it..." Rong Xun said softly.

Chu Feng looked around, then sighed helplessly and said, “I want to kiss you now, but the location is really inappropriate.” They were on the road where people come and go, which was really inconvenient.

Rong Xun blushed, dragged Chu Feng to the supermarket, and said, “You, stop talking!”

Chu Feng looked at Rong Xun, the blush on his face slowly spread to his ears, and the smile on his mouth deepened. It was a pity that it was really inappropriate here. If it was just passers-by it was nothing much, but it would be very troublesome if students who go to the supermarket to buy things see it. Chu Feng was not afraid to come out, but just like what he said—it was still not the right time. 


After shopping, he returned to his bedroom. Si Xian was already doing his homework. Gui Heng was on a call in the corridor. He had a mysterious expression and it was unknown who he was on a call with. 

Chu Feng first asked Rong Xun to take a bath, then he took his phone out and contacted the tutor his mother found for him.

The other party connected quickly. It was a young man with a very clean voice. Chu Feng first said who he was and asked about the other party's school, major, and tutoring experience. The other party didn't feel dissatisfied and answered them one by one. After all, a tutor must be capable enough. The other party listened carefully and saved trouble in the future.

Finally, Chu Feng asked about the tuition fee. His share was naturally given by his mother, so his mother didn't mention the counseling fee. Chu Feng didn't want to pay for his own tuition but wanted to bring Rong Xun with him for tutoring, and Rong Xun's counseling fee would be paid by him.

The other party told Chu Feng the hourly price. Chu Feng simply calculated it, determined that his pocket money could afford it, and said, “I welcome you as my tutor. But I have another thing to discuss with you.”

“You say,” The other party heard what Chu Feng said, and knew that tutoring was a success. No matter what Chu Feng wanted, he would try his best to satisfy it.

“That's it. I have a classmate who wants to study with me. He has good grades and doesn't need you to spend too much time. We'll find you to go to class every week. Do you think this is okay? I'll pay the tuition fee,” Chu Feng said.

“Of course, as long as you don't mind if someone divides your time.” The other party had no opinion. In fact, it was profitable for him to teach two students at the same time.

“Well, it's settled. I'm busy this Saturday, so let's make a class appointment on Sunday. I'll send you the meeting place in advance,” Chu Feng said. Rong Xun didn’t need additional guidance in other classes, but he still needed to pay attention to English and Mathematics.

“Okay. Since you are two people, I'll give you a 20% discount on the second person's tuition fee.” The other party was also a straightforward person. Anyway, he wouldn’t suffer a loss even if he gave a 50% discount.

“Thank you so much. Please don't tell my mother about it.” Chu Feng felt it was unnecessary to tell her. If her mother knew, she wouldn't object, but Rong Xun might be under pressure.

“Don't worry, I am tight-lipped.” The other party said.

Chu Feng said, “Okay, see you that Sunday.”

“See you on Sunday.” After the other party responded, they both hung up the phone respectively.


When Chu Feng entered the room, Gui Heng was still on call. Chu Feng didn't know what he had to call for so long, but he looked serious and so he didn't bother him, and he went back to his bedroom first.


When Rong Xun came out after taking a bath, Chu Feng pressed him to sit on his chair, took the towel in his hand to wipe his hair, and said, “Go out with me this Sunday.”

“Where are you going?” Rong Xun asked.

“My mother found me a tutor, you go to class with me.” Chu Feng didn't hide it.

“Ah?” Rong Xun turned to look at him, thought for a moment, and said, “You can just go, I don't need it.”

“I've just talked with my tutor. Let's go together,” Chu Feng said.

“I…” Rong Xun didn't want to find a tutor, the tutor fee was really not cheap. He didn't have a budget for this.

Chu Feng approached his ear and whispered, “I'll give you the tutor fee, you go with me.”

“How can that work?” Rong Xun frowned. He really had no reason to let Chu Feng pay for this money.

Chu Feng stretched out his hand and rubbed his eyebrows, and said, “Don't frown.”

Rong Xun had to relax his facial expression and continue to look at him.

“I'm sure I can earn your tutor fee after I finish shooting advertisements this week.” Chu Feng had a budget. Although he had enough pocket money, he could earn a lot of money.

“That can't..” Rong Xun was interrupted by Chu Feng before he finished his words.

Chu Feng said, “I should pay for you. Our relationship is different from others…”

Chu Feng's words scratched Rong Xun's heart like a feather, it made him feel itchy and a little happy.

After that, Chu Feng stopped lowering his voice and said, “It just so happens that you are going to help me listen to the class. In case I forget, I can ask you.” This high-sounding reason is naturally said to Si Xian Naturally, this high-sounding reason was said for Si Xian to hear. 

“That’s all right,” Chu Feng said so. Rong Xun naturally had no reason to refuse. He was also happy to have the opportunity to stay with Chu Feng on the weekend.

Chu Feng then asked Si Xian if he wanted to join them. In fact, this sentence only meant that he didn’t want Si Xian to think about it. It didn't really mean to let Si Xian join them. He also knew that Si Xian would not join them. After all, tutoring was better one-on-one.

Si Xian really said no. His family had already found him a tutor. Although his achievements were also good, but improving oneself takes more energy and time, having a tutor was practical

Chu Feng didn't say much. When he thought of going to class with Rong Xun at the weekend, Chu Feng felt that this decision was really right. If he went alone, he might lack motivation in the later stage but with Rong Xun, he would be very motivated. Even if he didn't do it for himself, he should do it for Rong Xun.


The author has something to say:

I like it when Chu Feng and Rong Xun are alone.

_________________________

Footnotes:

number — 让他心里有个数。means to understand the actual situation; the heart has a bottom. Source

Chu Feng suddenly heard such a joke and wanted to laugh — 储烽一下被他说笑了, MTL doesn’t make sense “Chu Feng was joked by him”

thread — in the raws, it was also thread. I just don't know if it refers to the red thread. I don't wanna searchhh. 

take care of myself alone — 也知道如何独善其身, maintain personal integrity during chaotic times; pay attention to one's own moral uplift. You can read more here.

I will not want you — 我不会不要你的. MTL confused me again, it gave “I won’t want you” but you get the idea. 

but improving oneself takes more energy and time, having a tutor was practical — 但应该巩固的东西还是要多花点精力和时间巩固扎实的。


No comments:

Post a Comment