[BL] Rebirth and Redemption C10

 
CHAPTER 10 - EFFORTS
The subjects and contents reviewed by Chu Feng were listed above. 
_________________________


After school, the third year teachers packed up their things in the office. The English teacher was the one who spoke first, “Xiao Dong, what's the matter with Chu Feng?”

“What happened?” Dong Fang, who was tidying the table, asked.

English teacher: “He didn't sleep in my class today, and he listened to me very seriously. I couldn’t adapt for a while.”

The History teacher on the side hurriedly said, “He didn't sleep in the history class, I thought I was seeing things.”

The Chinese teacher who was sorting through his papers smiled and said, “I thought my lecture was more engaging today, that’s why he didn't fall asleep. I didn't expect that he would stay awake all the time.”

Dong Fang originally thought that these teachers would come to complain, but he didn’t expect that Chu Feng would get praised by all teachers instead.

English teacher: “But then again, why did you make Rong Xun sit at the same table with him?”  

Dong Fang smiled and said, “I want Rong Xun to look after Chu Feng's grades. It's their third year in high school. It will be too late if you don't fight for it.” He didn't say that Chu Feng requested it. He expected that no one would believe him.

The History teacher said with some worry, “Will it delay Rong Xun's grades?”

Dong Fang said, “I will watch. If Rong Xun's grades decline, I will change his seat back.” He couldn't delay Rong Xun because of Chu Feng, otherwise, people would say that he was partial.

“All right, we’ll see when the time comes. If Chu Feng can improve his grades without delaying Rong Xun, then that’s for the best.” The English teacher smiled.


After dinner, Chu Feng didn't let Rong Xun go to the study room to study in the evening. Rong Xun still had to pay attention to rest. It didn't matter if he took two days less of study.

Back at the dormitory, Chu Feng asked Rong Xun to take a bath first. Anyway, they didn't go out at night. They could go to bed after washing up and sleep early.




When Rong Xun came out of the shower in his pajamas, he saw that he had an extra laptop on his desk.

The school allowed students to bring laptop but generally, parents would not buy them considering their children's studies. So there are only a handful of people who bring computers to the school.

“Come here,” said Chu Feng, who was sitting on Rong Xun's chair. 

Rong Xun walked over, and Chu Feng stretched his hand in front of him, “This laptop is for you to use. If you like to write, use this to write. It is convenient and saves trouble. It will save you from typing again. Just start writing directly with the laptop, you may not be used to it at first, but you will get better at using it gradually.”

Chu Feng also came into contact with many screenwriters when he was filming. During the conversation, he listened to those screenwriters talk about some of the writer’s writing habits when writing. He heard that when they jumped directly from traditional writing to typing in the computer, they couldn’t adapt at first, but after getting used to it, it will be good. It indeed saves time and effort.

“No, you usually have to play too. I can go to the computer room to type.” Since Chu Feng brought the laptop, it certainly had its use. He didn’t like to hog Chu Feng's things. Besides, a laptop wasn’t cheap. What if he damaged it

Chu Feng raised his eyebrows and said, “Do you regard me as an outsider?”

“No…” Rong Xun whispered.

Chu Feng smiled lightly, pulled in Rong Xun a bit, hugged his waist with one hand, and said, “I want to quit the Internet and study hard, you should keep it for me. The computers in our6 computer room freeze and crash a lot. What if you are in the middle of typing when it crashes and half of your things are lost?”

“It's okay…” He did encounter such a situation a few times. When the computer crashed, everything was lost. It was nothing but an occasional incident, that’s all.

“Be good. The air in the computer room isn't good, and there are too many people. Can typing in the computer room be as comfortable when typing in the dormitory? You can write at any time, and once done, you can submit it, and it will save you time.” said Chu Feng. The school did provide Internet, but that speed was only suitable for browsing a web page or watching a video. If you want to download or play games, don’t even dream about it. In addition, the Internet would be disconnected along with the power outage every day, to prevent students from spending too much time on the Internet.

Rong Xun turned his head and glanced at the laptop on the table. The black lacquer surface of the laptop could reflect the things on the table, which was very beautiful.

“Then tell me when you want to use it.” Rong Xun compromised. Just like Chu Feng said, with a laptop, it would save him more time when writing.

“I don't need it, you supervise me. If I need to look up information, you can do it for me.” When Chu Feng saw that he agreed, his smile deepened.

"It's fine to look it up yourself." Rong Xun felt that it was very difficult for a person who was used to the Internet to suddenly disconnect.

Chu Feng shook his head and said, “Rong Xun, I want to go to University A with you, but with my grades, I must put more effort than others, and disconnecting from the internet is a must.”

“Are you going to go to University A?” Rong Xun was surprised and looked at him.

“Well, I want to be with you.” Chu Feng looked at Rong Xun's eyes and said seriously, “I must have a good future to be worthy of you.”

Rong Xun's smile spilled out of the corners of his mouth, he looked at Chu Feng and was silent. When Chu Feng said he wanted to go to University A, he was naturally very happy. Maybe the result wasn’t up to his expectations, but if you didn't work hard, who can say anything exactly?

Chu Feng's hands on Rong Xun’s waist tightened a bit, letting him stick closer to himself, “First, the homework must be done before the laptop can be used. On weekends, you can play for three hours, and more than that will not work. Understand?”

Rong Xun nodded obediently, “Well, I know.”

Chu Feng rubbed Rong Xun's hair with satisfaction and said, “Do your homework. Gui Heng will definitely ask to borrow your homework to copy when he comes back later.”

“En.” Rong Xun responded with a smile, he first locked the laptop in the cabinet, then took out today's homework and started writing. There were no new classes at the beginning of the third year of high school. The focus was on reviewing knowledge points, so every day, homework could form a pile. But now, he felt this wasn’t bad, the homework that needed to be handed in can be completed, and there were very few cases where homework couldn't be completed. 

Chu Feng also took out his book and began to review. In fact, he was clueless now. After all, he had too many knowledge points to review and where to start the review was always a problem.

After dinner, Si Xian followed Gui Heng to the supermarket to buy things and brought fruits for Chu Feng and Rong Xun on the way. As soon as he entered the door, Si Xian saw Chu Feng, who was reading the book seriously, and subconsciously glanced at the room number on the door to make sure that he had made no mistakes and wasn’t seeing things.

"I bought the fruit, you can take it yourself." Si Xian put the bag down on the table.

"Okay, thank you." Chu Feng smiled and put down the book, then he got up to pick the fruit.

Si Xian didn't bother either. He washed his hands, then took his pajamas to take a bath.

"Where is Gui Heng?" Chu Feng asked before Si Xian entered the bathroom. 

"I met Pang Xuan and the others when I came back." Although Si Xian's words were only half-spoken, there was no need to say the rest.

Chu Feng didn't say anything. He took the bag of fruits, picked out the bananas, broke one off and handed it to Rong Xun, and said, "Eat some and then continue to write."

"En." Rong Xun took the banana without lifting his head and wrote down on the papers as he ate.

Chu Feng looked at Rong Xun, for fear of him eating the banana peel because he was too focused on doing homework.



About half an hour later, Gui Heng came back. As soon as he entered the door, he clamored to ask Si Xian and Rong Xun how many papers they had done, and hurriedly borrowed their homework to copy. Chu Feng looked at him speechlessly, and realized how truly annoying he was originally…

After confirming the progress of the two people, Gui Heng took his clothes to take a bath and prepared to copy them later. On the way back, he met Pang Xuan and the others. Gui Heng felt that it was better to tell them about the current situation, lest they foolishly offend Chu Feng. At that time, Chu Feng would certainly not be polite by then.



Chu Feng glanced at the time, got up, and poured a glass of milk for Rong Xun. Milk supplements calcium and helps sleep. There was no harm in giving Rong Xun a drink of glass a day.

The cup filled with milk was placed on Rong Xun's table. Rong Xun raised his head and glanced at him. Chu Feng motioned him to drink the milk. Rong Xun picked up the cup and took a few sips slowly. This milk is at room temperature, it didn’t feel cold when he was drinking it. It was just right.

The milk left a circle of white on Rong Xun’s lips, which added a touch of cuteness to him. Chu Feng smiled, took the cup in Rong Xun's hand, then leaned over, kissed Rong Xun's lips, and then licked the milk from his mouth.

Rong Xun was so scared that his eyes became round—there is Si Xian in the bedroom, how could Chu Feng be like this.

After regaining his senses, Rong Xun quickly turned to look at Si Xian. Si Xian was eating snacks and writing on his papers, and didn't even notice them. Only then did Rong Xun let go of his heart, he turned back to glare at Chu Feng without much intimidation.

Chu Feng smiled, the milk on Rong Xun’s lips made him feel it was especially delicious. So he simply took Rong Xun’s cup and drank the remaining half of the milk. He kissed Rong Xun when he had made sure that Si Xian would not notice them. He took the cup from Rong Xun's hand for fear of Rong Xun spilling the milk because he was frightened.

Rong Xun softly humphed, no longer paid attention to Chu Feng, and continued to write his homework.

Chu Feng no longer bothered him. After he washed the cup, he returned to his seat and continued to read and work on the homework questions.



After Rong Xun finished all his homework, Chu Feng's homework was only half done. Rong Xun walked over and saw that Chu Feng was flipping through the book while answering questions. It wasn’t really easy. It also showed that Chu Feng didn't listen to any class. The only comfort was probably that Chu Feng would at least answer the homework by himself instead of copying them like Gui Heng did.

Rong Xun thought for a while, then returned to his table. He took a piece of white paper and began to write.



Si Xian quickly finished his homework. He stretched lazily, simply cleared the table, and went to bed with his laptop. Gui Heng was still working hard at writing, he was almost "like a god in writing."


Rong Xun finished writing, he walked over and put it on Chu Feng's desk.


Chu Feng glanced at it suspiciously, it turned out to be a review schedule. The subjects and content reviewed by Chu Feng were listed above so that Chu Feng could be clear at a glance.


Chu Feng stretched out his hand and pinched Rong Xun's face, he smiled and said, "I've found a little lucky star."


Rong Xun shyly avoided his hand and said, "I have made notes on everything, I can copy them for you."


"Okay." Chu Feng nodded, which made his messy review methods suddenly become organized.


Si Xian, who was sitting on the bed glanced at them. It was a good thing that Chu Feng was willing to learn. If necessary, he could also give Chu Feng some lectures.


Gui Heng didn’t know why Chu Feng called Rong Xun "Little Lucky Star". What he had to do was to quickly finish copying homework and go to bed.



Chu Feng posted the study plan written for him by Rong Xun on the wall, preparing to implement it tomorrow. As for this pile of homework, he might be unable to finish it before the lights go out. Learning isn't something that can be done overnight, there's always a process. Chu Feng wouldn’t make things difficult for himself, he said to Rong Xun, "Let me copy it after you finish writing." Rong Xun also knew that Chu Feng might not be able to finish doing it by himself, so without saying anything, he gave Chu Feng the paper that hadn't been taken away by Gui Heng. Anyway, Chu Feng had already done half of it by himself, and it was enough to make such progress. Chu Feng patted Rong Xun and said, "Go to bed and lie down. Rest early, so you have energy for tomorrow. If you want to play on the laptop, you can do so, but you can only play for an hour." Rong Xun nodded and got into bed with Chu Feng's laptop. He didn't want to browse the web, he just wanted to use the computer to write and read and adapt to writing directly with the laptop as soon as possible.



The author has something to say:

Chu Xiaofeng, who has worked hard to keep up with Rong Xiaoxun, can be praised a little!



Footnotes:



seeing things — 眼花, it means having a dim eyesight; have blurred vision. But I don’t want to use that and I also don’t want to use blind that’s a bit of an exaggeration so I just used seeing things since what’s in MTL is dazzled. 


look after — 带, to wear, to carry, to take along, to bear (i.e. to have), to lead, to bring, to look after or to raise.


laptop — 电脑, it literally means computer, electronic brain, electronic computer, electron brain. I just thought a laptop would be better since a computer would take more space considering they’re in a dormitory. It’s convenient to bring, easy to carry lol.


considering their children's studies — I can’t really make sense of this one. I mean considering their children’s studies, what about it? It feels incomplete but I can’t really understand Chinese. Do they not want to buy since it could distract their children or they think their children are not “good” learners or rather students? Send help. I don’t get it. 


regard me as an outsider — MTL says “Don’t you see me outside” but in raws, 见外 meaning regard someone as an outsider.


our — 咱们, we or us (including both the speaker and the person(s) spoken to) ; (dialect) I or me ; (dialect) (in a coaxing or familiar way). When I saw the last definition, it made sense to me. Chu Feng is really including Rong Xun in his plans or words. That’s why I said to give this novel a chance. The rating on NU on this novel is low and I felt disappointed. But anyway, the whole theme or concept of this novel is redemption itself. You can see it later as the novel progresses. 


knowledge points — 知识点, meaning language points, knowledge points, knowledge. Let me explain this one for a bit. Idk what knowledge points is, but I know Mind Map. If the central, main and subtopic are knowledge points then that makes sense. After all, what Rong Xun wrote was the subjects and contents reviewed by Chu Feng. It’s a study plan given to Chu Feng then the knowledge points are the topics he knows or he needs to review. 


humphed — 哼, meaning groan; snort; hum; croon; grunt ; humph. I don’t want to use hmph since that one is an onomatopoeia. In MTL, it’s snort but I also don’t want to use that so I settled for humph. 



Translator’s Notes: 



Hi, this is Little Witch. I apologize for updating late. I’ve been feeling bad recently, so I went to get a check-up and do some laboratory tests. I won’t elaborate but I got normal lab results but I had to take some medications for a while and I will have to rest for quite a while. I thought I had some health issues and was worried for a bit. I just have to recover and I get my vaccine soon, for those able to, please do. I got negative results and felt relieved. I’m back and will try to compensate with some new updates. Wear a mask and keep safe. 



In addition, we’re only 11 chapters before the paid chapter. If you want to donate or give me some coffee just click the link below. The funds collected will be used for purchasing chapters in JJWXC. Of course, if you feel like purchasing the chapter by yourself is better, then you can do so. I don’t mind. You can also send me the screenshot or a scanned chapter if you want. Also, I have changed some sentences like “didn’t know what to say” to “silent for a while”. As I have said before, I use MTL so my translations can’t be 100% accurate and might deviate a bit from the original. I just mentioned it again, since you might think my translations are far from the original. Also, I will try to lessen my footnotes since I think it’s too much lol. I feel like I have a lot to say but it’s unnecessary and you guys might not necessarily read that. If you want early access to chapters, I will try. But for now, I will have to recover. If I don’t recover then what’s next doesn’t matter. Be healthy and keep safe everyone~




I will revise this again later. I'm still sick and I'm not sure if I've done this properly. Sorry guys, I'll make it up later~

_________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment