The Man Who Gave The Protagonist a Halo (QT) Chapter 6

Chapter 6 Overbearing President’s Runaway Wife (6) 


If I should meet thee after long years, how should I greet thee? With silence and tears.

- Byron


Yet right now, Qin Zerong eyes focused on the wheelchaired young man. The young man wore a large white shirt, the night breeze lightly caressed his hair as he wheeled his chair with impatience. There was calm in his gaze and when he saw Qin Zerong, he merely gave a nod and didn’t say anything.


Pei Qingqing explained beside him, "This is the teacher I just told you about, he saved me." She looked a little nervous as if she was afraid that Qin Zerong would do something bad to Bai Xiyu.


Qin Zerong walked in front of Bai Xiyu, lowered his head, his piercing gaze showing unperceived sincere affection. Qin Zerong said to him, "Hello, Teacher Bai. I am Qin Zerong, thank you…"


Bai Xiyu raised his head and glanced at Qin Zerong who was in front of him. His heart was a bit astonished, honestly unable to make sense as to what lousy idea Qin Zerong was currently having, even deliberately pretending not to know him. He quickly analyzed the current situation with his brain and later concluded that Mr. Qin might not want his current girlfriend to know this dark history of his.


After all, if he were Bai Xiyu, he would be very reluctant to admit that he previously liked a man who pretended to be a woman.


However, Bai Xiyu didn’t show much on his face. He didn’t wait for Qin Zerong to finish before interrupting his next words. Bai Xiyu anxiously cut in, “I apologize, Mr. Qin, I don’t have the time right now. Something happened to my students over there. I need to go quickly."


Qin Zerong leaned sideways and gave way. At this time, Pei Qingqing also walked over from one side, which happened to block the spot Qin Zerong freed up. She glared at Qin Zerong and asked, "What did you want to do with Teacher Bai just now?"


Qin Zerong turned his head to look at Pei Qingqing, expressionless, his voice cold as he said, "Miss Pei, I’ve already said before, perhaps there is a misunderstanding between us."


Pei Qingqing harrumphed, purposely turned her head, and said, "I don't think there is a misunderstanding between us, Mis-ter-Qin!"


Bai Xiyu raised his head to look at Pei Qingqing, and then at Qin Zerong. Frick, these two are like a group of retards! Don’t show off in front of me, okay! If you’re gonna show PDA, change locations first! Single dogs are also protected by law, okay!


“Should I let you two to be?"


Naturally, Qin Zerong could hear Bai Xiyu's faintly displeased voice at this moment. He turned to the side and said, "I'll send you there, Teacher Bai."


"No need, thank you." Bai Xiyu neatly refused. Since Qin Zerong now wants to be a stranger to him, why not do it?


Just as if he had never dealt with the white moonlight side mission, as for what to say with silence, with tears, it's bullshit!


Bai Xiyu pushed his wheelchair to follow the child along the path to the west. Qin Zerong watched Teacher Bai’s back as he left to the sunset. For a moment, he felt a bit distressed and lonely, he felt that this person shouldn't be like this. As to what he was supposed to be, he couldn't say exactly what it felt like for that moment.


He couldn't help but want to follow Bai Xiyu but was held back by Pei Qingqing from behind.


Pei Qingqing asked to his back loudly, "What do you want to do with Teacher Bai?"


Qin Zerong did not say a word and did not even turn his head to look at Pei Qingqing. He gazed attentively as Bai Xiyu's back disappeared down the edge of the road.


Seeing Qin Zerong ignored her, Pei Qingqing walked in front of Qin Zerong again and angrily said, "Qin Zerong, I’m telling you, I can go back with you, but you can't touch Teacher Bai."


"Who is he?" Qin Zerong raised an eyebrow, and then tightly asked, "And Miss Pei, why would you come back with me?"


"Hehe." Pei Qingqing chuckled darkly as she replied, "Didn't you send people to come take me back? Why are you denying it right now?"


Qin Zerong maintained his smile, "Miss Pei, I am very grateful that you rescued me three years ago. When I lost my memories at that time, I must’ve truly troubled Miss Pei. I genuinely wish to repay you but that’s all that I wanted to do. If I did something that caused you to misunderstand something, I apologize, I won’t do it again in the future."


Qin Zerong paused and before Pei Qingqing could speak, he raised his question again, "Also, please answer the question I just asked, Miss Pei. Who is he?"


Pei Qingqing snorted again, her eyes full of disbelief, "Qin Zerong, you know what? You look exactly like you’re asking about your wife’s affair. I don't believe a word of what you just said!"


Qin Zerong currently felt that he and the girl in front of him weren’t clear about the situation. When he was hunted down three years ago, his head received a severe injury that caused him to lose his memory. It was this Miss Pei who rescued him and took care of him for a long time.


Afterward, he regained his memory and returned to Qin's house. Wanting to repay this girl, he bought a house in a good location in the city center for the girl and arranged an effortless job for her. But this girl was actually the ‘I won’t yield nor accept your charity’ kind, and even fled later to a place he couldn't find.


When Qin Zerong received this news, he was dumbfounded. He just wanted to repay a favor and nothing more. This girl didn't want to accept it and so she didn’t. What can he do about it? But for the sake of this girl's safety, Qin Zerong sent many people to inquire about Pei Qingqing's whereabouts.


But the current situation...Qin Zerong felt that perhaps he had done more than was required.


Frickin stupid!


————


Bai Xiyu didn’t know that the two people he left behind were making trouble. Anyway, it doesn’t have much of an effect on him. The halo he was carrying should’ve been delivered, and the final remnants of the halo would be passed after the male and female protagonists encountered some problems.


Bai Xiyu tilted his head as he self-reflected, and felt that his behavior of cursing the male and female protagonist for unimportant matters wasn’t really appropriate and that he had to change it in the future.


Before he could do some in-depth reflection, he saw a cluster of brats around the bridge, arguing loudly about something.


The little boy who came to look for Bai Xiyu yelled to the group, "Teacher is here!"


Silence immediately descended.


Bai Xiyu asked calmly, "What's going on with you guys?"


His voice wasn’t loud but completely imposing.


Every child greeted with a call of teacher and then lowered their heads without speaking.


It's getting late now, the twilight was falling, the wind was blowing, the leaves were rustling. The mountain path wouldn’t be easy to travel on and Bai Xiyu dared not let these children stay here longer. Currently, he could only sit and move on a wheelchair every day, and there was no way for him to send these kids home. Finally, he had no choice but to wave his hand and say to them, "I’ll let this pass for now. Send me home quickly, I’ll sort this out tomorrow!"


"Yes, Teacher!" The children's voices were clear and loud.


The corner of Bai Xiyu’s lips lifted and he laughed. He truly liked these children.


"Go home, all of you."


Bai Xiyu watched each child descend the mountain, yet the little class monitor ran up to Bai Xiyu and told him, "Teacher, I’ll send you back."


Bai Xiyu shook his head and refused with a smile, "There’s no need, you guys should hurry home. It’ll be dark soon and your parents will worry."


The little class monitor insisted, "Teacher, it won’t be convenient for you to go back alone right now. I’ll send you back."


"Be obedient, go home quickly"


"Teacher—" The small squad leader wanted to be persistent, but he was suddenly interrupted by a man’s voice.


The man’s voice said, "I'll send you Teacher Bai home."


Hearing the man’s voice, Bai Xiyu turned his head and saw Qin Zerong currently standing behind him. The afterglow of the setting sun scattered on his white shirt. He placed his hands on the handle behind Bai Xiyu’s wheelchair and lowered his head to look down at Bai Xiyu, the corners of his mouth carrying a smile.


For a moment, Bai Xiyu was unexpectedly dazzled.


He recalled that person.


Translator Notes:

Have you ever read a fanfic so good but so incomplete that you started dreaming about the continuation in an effort to deny that the author is not going to update again- *cries*


Hey, if you loved my translations and want to support me, send me a message on discord or follow me on Twitter @IDieofReading for announcements and random stuff (my reading, art and Genshin Impact things).

Or feed me some coffee through my Ko-fi (not kidding, I'll drink) or Paypal.
These would really motivate me! Love you guys! ╰(*°▽°*)╯


No comments:

Post a Comment