[BL] Rebirth: Back to Zero - Chapter 23 Part1

      

Rebirth: Back to Zero 
Author: 祎庭沫瞳 (Yi Ting Mo Tong)

Chapter 23 Ignorance (Part 1/3)

When Jun Liyuan returned to the room, Ling Qiyang was changing Mo Qingge's wound dressing. The latter's injuries had stabilised and were no longer life-threatening. However, the broken bones still needed more time to recuperate.

When Mo Qingge saw him coming in, he scrambled out of bed without caring for his injury. With a loud thud, he knelt down. Seeing this, Ling Qiyang did not stop him. He empathised with Mo Qingge's sandwiched position and understood his viewpoint.

Jun Liyuan frowned and looked at him without speaking.

Mo Qingge lowered his head and said, "Your Highness, I am very fortunate to stay in the mansion while I recuperate. I'm grateful for Your Highness's care and concern, but please do not damage your relationship with your concubine for me. I cannot bear the responsibility should anything go wary. Your Highness, please deescalate this issue while there is still a chance. Do not risk your reputation and just send me back to Tranquility Pavilion..."

Jun Liyuan looked at him for a while and sighed heavily. He shook his head as he lamented, "Get up. I do this for my own reasons. As for the rumours, you don't have to care about it. You are a man, and I won't do anything. I'm just taking this chance to clean up my household mess."

Mo Qingge pursed the corner of his lips and said nothing. Although Jun Liyuan had taken good care of him, he neither overstep his boundaries nor saw the lotus leaf patterns. As such, Jun Liyuan was still under the assumption that Mo Qingge was a man. At this point in time, the stiff atmosphere made it difficult for Mo Qingge to disclose his Omega identity. For if he did, their relationship would indeed go past the point of no return.

Ling Qiyang pulled the worried man on the ground to his feet and continued to tend to his hand's injuries silently. He had prepared a medicine for Mo Qingge to conceal the lotus leaf pattern, and he was going to give it to him today. Mo Qingge also had struggled to hide it for these few days. As for whether to tell Jun Liyuan or not, Ling Qiyang left it to Mo Qingge.

Still, seeing the rigid relationship between the two, Ling Qiyang could not help but find it a waste to hang in a stalemate.

In the palace, Jun Liche informed Emperor Yanxi about the situation at the border, "By the time I returned to the Capital, the people of Hanguan City had settled down. Second Brother had sent sufficient food and fodder and even gave some crucial supplies to help us tide through the winter. After allocating the army supplies, the remaining small part was distributed to the people at the border. I believe that the army will soon win the battle and return to the Capital."

Hearing Jun Liche's report, and reading through the military information sent by General Anguo, Emperor Yanxi smiled and nodded in satisfaction. "Good, I'm glad that my son is capable. With you, I can share my worries and return peace and prosperity to our empire."

"I dare not take credit. It is the Emperor Father who governs the empire and arranges the officials to perform at their best. The idea of borrowing grain from Second Brother came from Seventh Brother, and Second Brother was the one who provided the supplies. I was but a middleman throughout the process and did not contribute much." Jun Liche said humbly.

"I know how talented you are, and you don't have to be too modest. It must have been difficult for you to carry out this task since you are not good at martial arts. But you did well, and I am very pleased." A broad beam surfaced on Emperor Yanxi's face as he spoke. "During the time you are out, your Empress Mother had been anxious for you. She fasted and prayed all day long for your safety. Go visit her so she can rest easy."

"Yes. I should not have caused Empress Mother worries."

"To celebrate your military achievements, I have ordered the attendants to host a banquet at the Palace of Harmony." Emperor Yanxi laughed heartily.

"Thank you, Emperor Father, for your kindness. However, the army hasn't returned, so I don't think it is necessary to hold a banquet just for me. This time, it's not just my contribution. Also, not having a banquet will express Emperor Father's care of the soldiers at the border. Why not wait for the soldiers to return triumphantly and we can all celebrate together? The soldiers will feel the Emperor Father's understanding even more." Jun Liche knew that Emperor Yanxi loved him. However, if the banquet was held, it could be used to slander Emperor Yanxi and frame him as a ruler who only cared about his sons and did not care about the soldiers. Without a doubt, this will tarnish the Emperor's image. Jun Liche did not wish to leave any loopholes for others to exploit.

"Che'er, you are conscientious." Emperor Yanxi nodded, patted Jun Liche on the shoulder. "But now that you have returned, I feel a need to do something for you. Otherwise, I feel as if I did not reward you enough."

"We know that Emperor Father cares us, Princes. If the Emperor Father wants to do something, let us have a smaller banquet. Emperor Father can invite Empress Mother, Third Brother, Seventh Brother and his consort. We can have a meal with the whole family. This can also be a celebration for a safe return." Jun Liche offered a holistic compromise that considered the Emperor's position and brought the family together.

"Alright ." Emperor Yanxi nodded, "Then let the Imperial Kitchen deliver the prepared dishes to Serene Palace. I will send someone to call Yuan'er, Xuan'er and Qiyang into the palace. When I finish vetting these documents, I will go over." Without delay, Emperor Yanxi instructed an attendant to make the necessary preparations.

"Thank you, Emperor Father. I will visit Empress Mother now."

"Go ahead."

Jun Liche saluted and retired.

 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Translator's Notes:

The first chapter for the week! It's a little late because I wanted to keep the chapters exclusive for my Patreon supporters for a longer period! The next few chapters have already been up on Patreon! Have a look there and if you wish, buy me a coffee or breakfast:) Your support means a lot to me and really keeps me going:)

Previous       Full Chapter Listings        Next


If you would like to support this translation, you may choose from any of the options below:

PayPal Donation           Ko-Fi Support           Patreon Membership         

No comments:

Post a Comment