Driver of The Beautiful CEO - Chapter 9: I Can Give You a Home

Who was Yin Hanruo? She was one of the ‘big bosses’ of the Ruomeng Group and famous in the city for her beauty.

A beautiful and competent goddess suddenly proposed to a taxi driver? If not even those who thought of her as a goddess would believe it, it was normal for the one asked in marriage to feel more surprised than happy. 

Liu Yanbo was so surprised that he almost choked on his mouthful of coffee. 

"You… what did you just say? Did I hear that right?" With some luck, Liu Yanbo finally uttered a complete sentence.

Yin Hanruo nodded and very seriously said, "You heard me right. I said, let's get married!" 

Liu Yanbo leaned back into the sofa, then leaned forward, stared into Yin Hanruo's eyes, and asked: "Why?" 

"My family is forcing me to marry someone I hate."

Yin Hanruo didn’t plan to hide it because she knew she couldn’t. After all, Liu Fei would come to the city in a few days. 

"So you want to use me as a shield? A fake marriage, is that it?"

Liu Yanbo leaned his back against the sofa, a playful smile raising the corners of his lips. 

"Something like that, but it's not a fake, it's real. We’ll have to go to the Civil Affairs Bureau to register the marriage."

Nowadays it was easy to find places that made fake certificates, and they were okay if you wanted to fool ordinary people. But Yin Hanruo wanted to fool a big family, the Liu family, and she knew they weren’t so easy.

"Is there a difference? Will a marriage certificate make you truly think of me as a husband? Will you let me sleep on your bed?" 

Liu Yanbo knew a thing or two about these "fake marriage" routines. In the city, when he was free these past three years, he would occasionally read YY novels, about how a rich and beautiful girl looked for a penniless loser to “marry”. In the end, she falls in love with that loser and they live happily ever after. 

Although the stories were good, Liu Yanbo believed that novels were novels and reality was reality. He could tell the difference between them. 

Yin Hanruo didn't hesitate, firmly replying "No."

The smile on Liu Yanbo's face grew deeper and deeper, and he laughed, "Then why do I have to marry you?"

Why?

Yin Hanruo was suddenly confused. Yeah! Why should he, Liu Yanbo, marry you, Yin Hanruo? Just because he doesn’t hate you, you take him for granted, thinking he’ll do whatever you want? 

Looking at Yin Hanruo, who couldn’t answer, Liu Yanbo didn’t care. He murmured, “Rumors say that President Yin of the Ruomeng Group is like a snow lotus in Wannian Glacier, although it is breathtakingly beautiful, it is too cold to approach. At first, I thought the rumors were wrong, but maybe they aren’t.”

Yin Hanruo asked, "Do you accept or not?" 

"First, tell me your terms! Since you invited me here, you must have something to convince me. After all, people like you, Miss Yin, would never do anything unprepared, would you?"

When he asked for the terms, Yin Hanruo calmed down and returned to being a shrewd, capable businesswoman. 

"I offer you money. You come with me to get a certificate, we’ll get “married”, and after one year, we’ll divorce, and I’ll give you 5 million. And, If you want to level up in your career, I will try my best to help you as long as you do not violate my principles." 

After a little pause, Yin Hanruo added, "Your girlfriend cheated on you because you didn't have any money. It’s bad but true. If you don't change your status, it may happen again in the future. So, how about changing your future and becoming successful in just one year?" 

Exposing scars was Yin Hanruo's favorite tactic.

Yin Hanruo gracefully lifted her coffee and took a sip. She knew she might anger Liu Yanbo, but that was her goal. Sometimes, anger could make people recognize their bleak reality. Yin Hanruo had experienced it, and now she wanted Liu Yanbo to recognize it: he had no money.

Unexpectedly, Liu Yanbo was not angry, but the smile on his face was gone. He whispered in a low voice: "Miss Yin, maybe in your eyes, success is very important, but to me, it doesn't make any sense."

Liu Yanbo smiled again, but this time it looked a little bleak. 

Yin Hanruo had never seen such a sad smile, full of fatigue and loneliness as if he were the only one left in the world. 

"Miss Yin, if that's what you have to offer, I'm sorry, but I’ll refuse." Liu Yanbo stood up again, no longer smiling, looking a little dispirited. 

"What do you want?" 

Yin Hanruo was a little anxious, she couldn’t understand Liu Yanbo.

"I don't know what I want. But I'm sure it isn’t money, at least not like this. I'm quite short of it now, but I don’t want to risk my future for it."

"What do you mean?"

"Large families like yours have all sorts of connections. If I play this part for you, either your family will tear me apart, or your fiance will. If he tries to get rid of me, what would I do?" 

"You can rest assured, I’ll take care of it." 

"I can be sure that a fight between immortals will definitely affect the fish in the pond."

Liu Yanbo waved his hand, turned around with his bag, and was about to leave, not even bothering to say bye.

The afternoon sun shone through the window into the silent coffee shop, falling on the slightly sullen, lonely man, with a duffel bag in hand that seemed to contain all he had.

“I can give you a home.”

Index

Previous Chapter

Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment