Driver of The Beautiful CEO - Chapter 10: My Rules

What was a home? 

A home was like a warm shore where people allowed their ships to drift. 

Yesterday afternoon, when Yin Hanruo offered him a home, Liu Yanbo didn't need to think for long, and agreed. 

When they came out from the Civil Affairs Bureau and looked at the bright red, festive marriage certificate in hand, Yin Hanruo was worried that it wouldn’t work. Liu Yanbo was a little unsure about the plan too. 

Like a dream, it didn’t feel real, that was probably how Liu Yanbo felt.

After getting the license, Liu Yanbo went back to the small hotel he stayed the previous night, picked up his duffel bag, and officially checked into Yin Hanruo's villa in Zi Bamboo Garden. 

"Miss, you're back. Is this your spouse?" 

It was Mrs. Huang who opened the door. Yin Hanruo told her about getting a marriage license the night before. 

"This is Mrs. Huang," Introduced Yin Hanruo.

"Mrs. Huang, I'm Liu Yanbo. But you can call me Liu."

Liu Yanbo hurriedly took a step forward and held out his hand politely. 

"I'd rather call you son-in-law. I've been looking forward to this for a long time! There’s no way to explain how happy this old lady's heart is."

Mrs. Huang looked Liu Yanbo up and down, and then more and more smile lines formed on her face. 

He was a little unaccustomed to being called son-in-law, but he didn’t say anything. Rather, he smiled and nodded, "As long as Mrs. Huang is happy!" 

The layout of the living room was European, very low-key, but also very luxurious. Liu Yanbo didn’t care about that. What caught his attention, as soon as he entered, was the wine cabinet on the right side of the living room, displaying a variety of good wines.

"Sir, I cleaned your room last night. Go have a look. If there’s anything missing, let me know, and I’ll buy it for you." 

"I don’t want to cause you trouble, Mrs. Huang." 

Yin Hanruo said, "Let's go! I'll take you up for a look." 

Liu Yanbo's room was on the second floor, next to Yin Hanruo's room. 

"Go in and see for yourself. There are clothes for you in the wardrobe. Try to see if they fit. I'll come back to see you later." 

Yin Hanruo gave Liu Yanbo a key and went straight back to her room. 

The room was neat and tidy. As soon as Liu Yanbo entered, he jumped directly onto the soft, big bed. He had a better life these days than he had the three years he stayed in the city. 

“Ah…” Liu Yanbo tiredly sighed.

The door was suddenly pushed open, and Yin Hanruo, who had changed into casual clothes, came in.

Liu Yanbo had his hands on his chest, his legs bent, curled up on the bed, and seemed to be sound asleep. 

When Yin Hanruo saw Liu Yanbo lying on the bed without having changed his clothes, she was a little angry, but after seeing him sleeping in that position, her anger somehow disappeared, replaced by a feeling that could not be expressed. Pity, sympathy, and distress. 

The man in front of her, under the summer sun’s shine, looked as if he was curled up from the winter snow, and even though he had fallen asleep, his furled brows seemed to be on alert. It was as if he could be awakened by the slightest movement. 

"Do I have something on my face?"

While Yin Hanruo was fascinated, Liu Yanbo suddenly asked. 

"Ah! You’re awake?" 

Yin Hanruo was startled and could not help taking two steps back. 

"I fell asleep, but I was awakened by the noise when you opened the door."

"Then why didn't you get up instead of pretending to sleep?" Yin Hanruo angrily reprimanded him. 

Liu Yanbo sat up, "I thought you’d ask me to get up, but as soon as you came in, you only stared at me. I thought you were plotting against me. In order to facilitate things, I had to pretend to sleep."

There was something in Liu Yanbo's words. Yin Hanruo froze for a moment, her face turning red, but she was not flustered, she was angry. 

"Liu Yanbo, don't go too far." 

Seeing Yin Hanruo angry, Liu Yanbo also realized that his joke wasn’t appropriate. After all, they weren’t a real couple, harmless jokes between a husband and wife became very harmful. 

"I'm sorry!" Liu Yanbo stood up and apologized sincerely. 

The speed at which he changed postures surprised Yin Hanruo. She was really angry when Liu Yanbo made a fool of her, but half her anger was lost already. She had no choice but to say:

"Forget it. Just don't make such jokes in the future." 

"All right." 

Liu Yanbo nodded, smiled, and said, "What are you doing in here?" 

Yin Hanruo did have a reason. She handed a folder to Liu Yanbo and said, "Take a look at this. If you don't have any complaints, sign it."

There was a piece of paper in the folder, covered in words. Liu Yanbo just skimmed over it, signed it, and returned the folder to Yin Hanruo. 

"Aren’t you going to take a closer look?" 

Yin Hanruo was obviously a little confused about Liu Yanbo's behavior. 

Liu Yanbo carelessly waved his hand and smiled, saying, "No, they’re just a few rules for me. Don't worry, I know."

Liu Yanbo was right. There were indeed rules Yin Hanruo had laid down for him. There were as many as 35 of them.

"If you haven't even looked at them, how will you know what to pay attention to? What if you make a mistake?"

"If I make a mistake, you can just fire me. Isn't that written down? You’ll pay me 5 million after a year, but if I make an unforgivable mistake, you’ll terminate the contract and won’t pay me a penny." 

Liu Yanbo saw the eye-catching 5 million at a glance, so he didn’t feel like going over it anymore. It was just a deal, he didn't really care much about it.

Liu Yanbo had intentionally or unintentionally said the word "contract" very seriously, smiling and stretching the distance between them. 

"Liu Yanbo, can you be a little more serious? This isn’t a joke."

Liu Yanbo didn’t want to continue arguing on this issue, so he took the folder back and read it carefully. 

The rules were a little harsh, such as Article 8: no smoking at home. That alone made Liu Yanbo want to slam the door and leave. 

"It's fine, I don't have a problem with it." Liu Yanbo closed the folder and returned it to Yin Hanruo. 

"Really?"

Yin Hanruo asked with some uncertainty. After all, she knew that some of the conditions were relatively harsh. If Liu Yanbo had been against one, she could have made some changes. 

"Really." 

Liu Yanbo nodded and smiled, saying: "I've read your rules. Now let's talk about my conditions."

"What are your conditions?"

"My conditions are very simple: first, you can't interfere with my work; second, you can't interfere in my private life." 

"All right!"

Although Yin Hanruo actually wanted Liu Yanbo to change his job and even wanted him to work in her company.

"Then, Miss Yin, I wish us a very pleasant cooperation!"

Index

Previous Chapter

Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment