You Look Like You're Made of Money Ch. 36 Pt. 1

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next


Jiang Jinchuan was amazed when he saw Su Yan's embroidery, he looked at it for a long time, then looked at Su Yan and said, "Now I feel like your family really cultivated you into a lady, I can't believe that you grew up so well."


Su Yan knew that the original body could not possibly know these things, if the original did, then she would have left the Su family a long time ago. Even though she knew that people here were unlikely to believe in the resurrection of the dead, she couldn't help but think about it, but let's not arouse any unnecessary suspicion. She thought for a while and replied, "I didn't study it deliberately. My family doesn't know about it, but I became interested in learning it by myself."


The children here only need to be at home and go to university like Jiang JingJing. The original body also went to university. In those few years, she did not live at home, so no one would doubt what she studied in those years.


Jiang Jingchuan changed his tone and joked: "It seems that you are very talented in this area. I hope you can pass it on to our daughter in the future."


Su Yan was no longer so repulsive to children now, and will not deliberately avoid the question, she smiled and replied, "How do you know that we will have a daughter in the future, what if it is a son?"


There is one thing that Su Yan particularly appreciates in this era, although equality between men and women wasn't fully established, many people have already abandoned patriarchal ideology.


Just like in her era, the big families were better, and they still raised their daughters with money. If it was an ordinary poor family, it would be different. The daughters were basically raised as rough maids, and if some families were too short of money, they could even go as far as selling the daughter.


Jiang Jingchuan obviously rejected this possibility, "I like sons too, but I prefer daughters, who are more obedient and sensible."


(My dad has 3 daughters and now he's bald lmao)


Like Jiang Jingchuan, many men felt more distressed about their daughters than their sons. This was probably because of same-sex repulsion and opposite-sex attraction?


The most important thing is that the words that a daughter is a little padded jacket is simply deeply rooted in the hearts of the people.


If a family has a daughter, others will say the same congratulations, and that the daughter is caring and sensible.


When it came to this topic, Jiang Jingchuan was obviously a little excited, and pulled Su Yan to start the discussion, "We should have a daughter in the future. I think it would be good to train her to play the violin. Of course, ballet should also be learned. I now understand the feelings of my father-in-law and mother-in-law. I should raise my daughter to be the best little girl."


After speaking here, he paused again, remembered something and shook his head solemnly, "I don't want to anymore, she can learn whatever she likes in the future, I won't force her. She doesn't have to be the best, as long as she is the happiest little girl."


Su Yan was stunned when she heard the words. She didn't expect Jiang Jingchuan to say such a thing, and her heart softened, as if she really had such a little girl as he said.


He was right, if she had children in the future, she didn't want them to be excellent, she just hoped that they were the happiest children.


She knows better than anyone how hard it is to be a good child. There are too many good people in this world, but too few happy people.


"What if it's a son?" Su Yan asked subconsciously.


"A son is different from a daughter, especially since he was born in our family, he has to be restrained. Boys still have to develop a sense of responsibility from an early age." Jiang Jingchuan thought for a while and added, "If a man does not even have a sense of responsibility, No matter how good his grades are or how much money he can make, he is still a loser."


"How can you say that?" This was the first time Su Yan heard such remarks.


"I'll give you an example. I used to have a playmate when I was a kid, but then we stopped hanging out. I hear he fell in love when he was in high school, and got a girl pregnant. He was not responsible, and was sent abroad by his family. At first, his family thought that he would develop if he went abroad, but he didn't. He got addicted to something he shouldn't have. It got too hard for him to quit later on."


"When I was in junior high school, the school I went to was the key school of the province. At that time, basically everyone in the class had a good family background. The person behind me was a taciturn boy, and his family had a lot of difficulties. I always remember the time of the second year of junior high school. I was sitting in the car at home and saw him and his mother handing out flyers in the cold wind. This boy's grades were very good. He was admitted to a key high school all the way, and then he was admitted to his choice university. Some time ago, I met him, and now he has achieved some success, and is ready to buy a house."


Jiang Jingchuan's tone was full of admiration, he said with disappointment: "I always remembered what he said in junior high school, he said, if he can't stand out, then he will be so sorry that his family worked so hard for him to study. Fortunately, he finally did. I believe that hard work will pay off, it may be later, but not never."


Su Yan also replied thoughtfully: "Throughout the ages, most famous officials were born in a poor family. Just like you said, in a difficult environment, people will recognize their responsibilities earlier."


"I hope my children will follow suit . Like me, and become a responsible person." Jiang Jingchuan finally came to a conclusion.


Su Yan rolled her eyes at him, "You're really putting money on your face."


"Anyway, I will teach my children this way in the future. If it is a daughter, I will tell her that has to work hard to marry someone like me. If it's a son, I will tell him that it takes very, very hard work to get a wife like his mother." Jiang Jingchuan's serious look was really annoying.


"Do you see that?" Su Yan pointed to the ground, "My goosebumps are all over the place."


Although he said this, he couldn't hide the smile on his face.


"Okay, I won't make fun of you, I found something from this embroidery." Jiang Jingchuan and Su Yan were both sitting on the sofa, he turned his head and said seriously, "Mr. Jiang still doesn't know Mrs. Jiang very well, so today I'm asking Mrs. Jiang to talk about her past events and let Mr. Jiang understand her."


Su Yan didn't know what to say, nothing from her childhood would overlap with her original body.

She can't make it up, she could only lean on Jiang Jingchuan's shoulder and say, "You'll get to know it slowly in the future. Didn't I go back and embroider a handkerchief for you? In return, tell me about your past. "


For example?" Jiang Jingchuan didn't know where to start for a while.


"Tell me something that left a deep impression on you."


Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






No comments:

Post a Comment