Shuraba Player Chapter 27 In ruining the atmosphere, I am a professional

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next


Chapter 27 In ruining the atmosphere, I am a professional

"Hmm……"

After silently staring at the face facing him in the refrigerator for a while, Bai Zhi reached out and took out the poster with the face printed on it.

"So which prankster put a poster with a human face in the refrigerator... And how long has this watermelon been stored? The smell of this rotting watermelon is like a can of herring that had been baking in the sun all afternoon in the summer..."

Due to the power outage, the inside of the refrigerator looked a little messy. Half a watermelon that had been completely rotted was placed in a slanted way, and a poster with a human face was wrapped around the watermelon. At first glance, it looked like a real human face.

"So it’s a supermarket flyer from half a year ago… Is this a real place in the real world?"

After simply holding the flyer and looking at it, Bai Zhi thought about it in his heart. He then folded the flyer and threw it into the trash can.

And with such a simple action, the body of Night Owl with her eyes closed suddenly trembled in fright.

"...Are you that scared?"

Turning his head to look at the girl beside him holding his arm tightly, Bai Zhi's mouth twitched slightly.

"Who, who said I’m afraid!? I, I just..."

"Oh, then can you let go of my arm? It's very inconvenient for me to move like this."

Bai Zhi interrupted the other party's words unceremoniously.

"..."

"Once, a senior once said such a sentence."

After waiting for a while, the other party not only did not let go of his arm but hugged him even tighter. Bai Zhi rolled his eyes, pointed the flashlight in his hand at the refrigerator in front of him again, and spoke casually.

"Whatever difficulties we encounter, don't be afraid and face it with a smile. The best way to eliminate fear is to face fear. Only perseverance will lead to victory… Mhm?"

As if noticing something, Bai Zhi reached out and opened the compartment below, but when he saw the things inside the compartment, his expression changed slightly.

In the compartment below, a pair of empty, dead eye sockets without eyeballs were staring straight at him.

——It was the head of a man inside.

"What, what's wrong?"

As if sensing something wrong, Night Owl, who still held Bai Zhi’s arm tightly with her eyes closed, asked him nervously.

"Oh, it's nothing. It's just that there's a head in the refrigerator that was chopped off by someone."

After responding lightly, Bai Zhi pushed the compartment back again.

"!!!"

"You can't be like this. I suggest you go home and watch more horror movies every day after this mission. It's best to develop resistance early."

Closing the refrigerator door, turning his head to look at Night Owl beside him, Bai Zhi had a serious expression on his face.

"Like when I was bored alone at night, I would look for a few horror movies on the Internet to watch. In this way, within just half an hour, I would feel like there is something on my bed, in the closet, under the pillow, and under the quilt. I think you can try it."

"...I have practiced courage before."

After a moment of silence, Night Owl replied timidly.

"In order to practice courage, I bought two horror movie tickets online a month ago and planned to invite someone to watch the movie together."

"And then?"

"When I was standing at the entrance of the movie theater, taking deep breaths to calm myself down, that jerk called me and said that he would not be able to come and he wanted to play games... I burst out the theater door that night before I finished half the movie, adn was terrified all the back.."

For some reason, when talking about these things, Night Owl was gnashing her teeth in anger.

"Um...I have a question."

Bai Zhi raised his hand.

"I dumped him already!! Why would I still go out with that jerk who only knows how to play games in an Internet cafe all day long!? "

"No, what I want to ask is, did you pay for the door you broke later?"

Bai Zhi had a serious look on his face.

"???"

"The door is very expensive. I have worked as a decorator for a period of time, and I have the most say in this."

"...Then I wanted to watch horror movies in the dorm to boost my courage."

The corners of her mouth twitched slightly, Night Owl pretended not to hear the other party's question.

"In order to progress step by step, I specially picked a horror movie that I watched when I was a child and became a psychological shadow of my childhood. After all, I have watched it in elementary school and knew the plot so I would not be so scared."

"If that's the case, why are you still afraid now?"

"I haven't finished my words yet... After watching that movie, the shadow of my childhood successfully became my current shadow."

"Mhm? I have a good idea."

Bai Zhi replied casually while scanning the other furnishings in the kitchen, which was actually not that big, with a flashlight.

"Your method of practice is wrong. For example, when you are watching a horror movie, why don't you try to put on some very exciting songs?"

  "……Uh?"

"Oh right, I almost forgot about it... You take it."

Bai Zhi patted his head and handed the flashlight in his left hand to the other party. He then took out a boombox. After turning the volume to the maximum, he reached out and pressed the play button without hesitation.

"This hit, that ice cold
Michelle Pfeiffer, that white gold
This one for them hood girls
Them good girls straight masterpieces
Stylin', wilin', livin' it up in the city
Got Chucks on with Saint Laurent
Gotta kiss myself, I'm so pretty"

…………………………

In an instant, the sound of energetic and passionate music resounded throughout the kitchen. Stimulated by the music, Night Owl who finally opened her eyes seemed a little dumbfounded.

"This is..."

"I specially bought a boombox on the Internet. It has enough power and loud enough sound!! How about it? As soon as the music starts, you immediately feel that the surrounding situation is different, right?"

Carrying the boombox, Bai Zhi nodded proudly.

"I’ve saved more than 300 songs in it beforehand, all of which are full of positive energy. Would you like some exciting remixes?"

"...What exactly did you put in your backpack?"

Looking at the boombox in Bai Zhi’s hand, the corner of Night Owl's mouth twitched fiercely.

"This is a must-have. Did you all not prepare it? It's a pity that the diesel generator was out of stock. Otherwise, I would’ve been able to give electricity to this villa right now."

Shaking his head, Bai Zhi showed a look of regret.

"Oh, by the way, I declare in advance that I have studied electrical engineering before, and I am quite professional."

Night Owl: "..."
..............................................................................................................................................

Previous

TOC

Next

Please vote for this novel at 


If you would like to support this translation, you may choose any one of the options below.
Please join the discord and help us editing chapters.

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






No comments:

Post a Comment