Cannon Fodder Cheat System c168

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

[CFCS] Chapter 168
Arc 12.6 - Life of Music
Translated by guilty

Jing Yang drove himself to the company, with Liu Hang following behind.

The two came into the company together and drew a lot of attention, especially since Jing Yang made an appearance in Gu Mang's MV and is now a popular figure. Many of the employees are worried if Liu Hang will take advantage of this enthusiasm and begin flattering him.

Jing Yang remained silent after sitting in Liu Hang's office, so Liu Hang asked first. "Did you appear in Gu Mang's music video?"

"Yes, you don't need to ask such a question that everyone already knows the answer to; just tell me what you think is wrong with me doing Gu Mang's MV." Jing Yang had already guessed what he was going to say.

"...You are an artist in our company, and it is against the contract to take a job privately." Liu Hang had the feeling that the person in front of him suddenly had an unfamiliar aura and demeanor. He hadn't been alone with Chu Yang for a long time. He cherished the times when he and Chu Yang could get along like this, but Chu Yang's attitude and distant tone made him sad.

"Then terminate the contract." Jing Yang stated his wish clearly.

"Terminate- terminate the contract?" Liu Hang thought he'd misheard it. "What did you say?"

"I said that I wish to terminate the contract." Jing Yang spoke slowly and seriously.

"Don't make such a joke." With a stern expression on his face, Liu Hang said.

"Who wants to make a joke with you?" Jing Yang's lips twisted in disgust at his words. "I am now seriously discussing contract termination. Otherwise, I will not sit here and chat with you. So you don't have to make it look like I'm trying to cause trouble. I don't think that way about you. So, if you're willing to talk to me seriously, we'll have a nice conversation. If you do not intend to speak with me seriously, I will send a lawyer to meet you. Or, we could talk in court directly."

"Why do you want to end the contract?" Liu Hang realized that Jing Yang did not mention the contract termination lightly. Furthermore, Jing Yang's words made him want to stop him.

"Do I really need to tell you why?" Jing Yang said, ironically. "Shouldn't you know better than everyone?"

"Because of Ji Xiao and me?" Liu Hang said, "If it's because of this, please bear with me for the next two years, no matter what, as long as two years......"

"Not because of this!" Jing Yang irritatedly interrupted him. "Please don't exaggerate yourself. To tell you the truth, I don't give a damn about what's going on between you and Ji Xiao. Let's get rid of it now that we've broken up. There will be no more possibilities for me and you, so please don't bring up this two-year term! Whether it is two years or twenty years, there will be no more chances! We can now discuss the contract's termination. I'm not interested in discussing anything else."

"Termination... impossible." Liu Hang first felt sorry for him, but he was still saddened by Chu Yang's words. Chu Yang is still the person he loves the most. Because Ji Xiao only had two years left to live, he felt greater sympathy and empathy for him. He believed that, although they will have a very painful and tough life for the next two years, everything will be okay in the future if they survive these two years. So, he cannot allow Chu Yang to leave.

"After I signed a contract with your company, you know better what the company did for me and what I did for the company. I owe nothing to this company." Jing Yang attempted to persuade him. "If I hadn't signed a contract with your company and relied on the songs I composed myself, even if I were merely an online singer, it would be better than now. Ji Xiao used all of the songs I wrote, and even my name was eventually removed. These things don't bother me anymore. I can compensate you for liquidated losses based on the contract's terms if you agree to let me end it immediately."

"I understand that I and the company are to blame for pressing you and not allowing you to develop. But there are some things which I have no control over. I sincerely hope that you can develop well. With your creative abilities, there will come a bright day sooner or later, don't be too anxious. Give me two years. After two years, I promise to compensate you and do everything in my power to help you grow."

The families of Liu Hang and Ji Xiao work together, with Ji Xiao's family being the more powerful. In fact, Ji Xiao's family bought their stock and invested in the company's growth. Chu Yang's creative talent is excessive, which is why he has been suppressed by the company. Ji Xiao's family does not want him to steal Ji Xiao's light. After all, Ji Xiao doesn't have much time left.

"It seems like our discussion today would be fruitless," Jing Yang said. "I'll ask you one last time: I'd like to end the contract; do you agree or disagree?"

"We have a distance now, and I don't want you to get any further away from me. No matter how much you despise me now, I believe we will reconcile one day. So, even if we're both suffering, I'd like to keep you at my side." Liu Hang expressed his sincerity while looking at Jing Yang.

"Then I'll take the legal route. I'll have a lawyer come to you." Jing Yang stood up and walked out, his face solemn.

Jing Yang had just walked out the door when he noticed Ji Xiao coming. The two exchanged glances. Ji Xiao was going to say something to Jing Yang when Jing Yang went right past him, ignoring him.

Ji Xiao turned his head and stared at Jing Yang's leaving back, the shadow in his eyes flashing by, then continued to walk into Liu Hang's office.

"When Chu Yang walked out just now, he seemed dissatisfied, what did you say?" Ji Xiao asked Liu Hang, who had a sour expression on his face.

Liu Hang raised his eyes to Ji Xiao, adjusted his expression, and said, "Chu Yang said that he wants to terminate the contract."

"Terminate the contract?" This incident did not surprise Ji Xiao, but he was more concerned on how Liu Hang's handling the situation and what his decision was. "Did you agree?"

"I didn't agree, he said he'd have a lawyer come and talk to me." Liu Hang said.

"To put it another way, he wants to go the legal route? But how will he be able to pay for a lawyer and liquidated damages?" Ji Xiao was not surprised that Jing Yang would terminate the contract, but he was confused about where he got the confidence and money.

"I don't know." Liu Hang's face was expressionless, but he had already made up his mind and would never agree to dissolve the contract.

"He must have wanted to end the contract because of me. I'm so sorry. " Ji Xiao wore a pained expression and blamed himself.

"Don't blame yourself too much; he may not be able to forgive us right now, but I believe he will forgive us one day." Liu Hang comforted him.

Ji Xiao nodded and said, his eyes sad with tears. "I only have two years left. When I leave this world, you can repay him what I owe him. You tell him I'll return everything back in two years, so he doesn't have to leave the company."

Ji Xiao didn't want Chu Yang to be able to end his contract since he knew that Chu Yang would be out of his control once he left. Two years will suffice, and as long as Chu Yang was under his control, he would be able to complete and accomplish a great deal.

Liu Hang stood up and walked up to the heartbroken Ji Xiao, hugging him and saying, "You don't have to think too hard about it; just leave it to me to handle it."

Ji Xiao hugged Liu Hang's waist and said as he rested his head on his shoulder.

"I sometimes feel like fate is unfair to me. It let me be born in this world, but doesn't give me a healthy heart. But if I can be with you, even if it's only for two years, I'm still willing. If it weren't for my undying love for you, I wouldn't want to wrong Chu Yang. For putting love over friendship, my heart is also very painful."

Liu Hang felt the dampness on his shoulders soaking his shirt and gently patted Ji Xiao's back to calm him down. In his heart, he loves Chu Yang, but he can't let go of Ji Xiao, especially when Ji Xiao only has two years left. He would do everything in his power to ensure Ji Xiao's happiness for the next two years and to help him in achieving all of his goals. As a result, when Ji Xiao goes, he will be able to spend time with Chu Yang in peace. He'll spend the rest of his life trying to compensate Chu Yang for his kindness.

When Jing Yang returned, he quickly called Gu Mang to arrange for the contract to be terminated. Gu Mang arranged the people he recruited to assist him in handling all things, so Jing Yang will no longer be required to attend.

Gu Mang, of course, would not come forward, and he would not reveal that he was assisting Jing Yang with this situation. Because if it was known that he was assisting Jing Yang, it would be harmful to Jing Yang's career, which is still in its early stages. Gu Mang hoped that Jing Yang would be remembered solely for his accomplishments, rather than for some news that makes people suspicious of hype.

Liu Hang wanted to express his strong opposition to Jing Yang's dismissal, but he had not anticipated Jing Yang assembling such a formidable legal team. Jing Yang also gave the lawyers evidence that the songs with Ji Xiao's name on the lyrics and composition were created by Chu Yang himself. They will not only make the case public if Liu Hang refuses to terminate the contract, but they will also sue their company for forcing the change of creator.

The lawyer who assisted Jing Yang in negotiating the contract termination grabbed Liu Hang and his company and threatened them. Although Liu Hang and Ji Xiao were both adamant about not allowing Jing Yang to terminate the contract, they found themselves in a situation where they couldn't continue. Otherwise, Ji Xiao will be involved in a scandal that will have a negative impact on the entire company.

Ji Xiao was threatened and forced to make a compromise, which enraged him. Chu Yang was a dumb and foolish person in his heart. He had not anticipated Chu Yang to keep evidence.

Ji Xiao was furious because he believed that dealing with Chu Yang in the future would be extremely tough. Because he knew that if Chu Yang could assemble such a formidable legal team, he must have found a strong backing.

Chu Yang was indeed not a scheming or aggressive type of person. However, they were now in the presence of Jing Yang, not the original Chu Yang. As a result, it was their turn to suffer.



If you enjoyed my translations, please consider sending me some supports. Thank you so much and happy reading.



Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.



1 comment:

  1. People say there's a white lie, and it should be good.
    But, whatever it is. If it's a 'lie' it always end up bad!

    ReplyDelete