Get Rid Of The Male God And Marry The Rich C8

 
Chapter 8

His body was slightly stiff, and he looked at her for a long time, and he asked, "is this some kind of revenge?"

Meng Yu smiled, "why would I do that? Our relationship has already ended a year and a half ago."

"Only you think it is over, but I didn’t."

"..." Meng Yu looked at him like a monster, "If I remember correctly, you agreed to the breakup."

"I regret it, can't it?"

"..."

Meng Yu suddenly felt amused. He never looked at her directly when she was next to him. He regretted it when she left him. It turns out that Xiao Qi could also be so cheap.

"Do you love the person you are going to marry?"

"Marriage doesn't need love, let alone..." She looked at him mockingly, "A true love may not have a good result."

Xiao Qi was silent for a long time. Meng Yu said again, "You need to go, Xiao Qi, we have nothing to talk to each other about." 

After she said that, she turned and wanted to leave, but Xiao Qi grabbed her hand. Meng Yu failed to break free. She frowned and looked at him.

"I will stay in Yancheng. I will only leave if you come back to me.”

"Stay in Yancheng?" Meng Yu sneered, "You don't need to work or take care of your sick Elder Sister Ai Qing?"

"I’ve never taken a long vacation for so many years. So I don’t think Ran would mind it. As for Elder Sister Ai Qing, she has a caregiver taking care of her in the hospital, so I don’t need to worry about it." 

It looked like he made up his mind to stay here, but what did it have to do with her?

"It’s none of my business where you want to stay, but since our relationship has ended, you should stop harassing me."

Xiao Qi still held her hand. He said to her, "Are you going to buy something? I will buy it for you."

"No, you let go of me."

He didn't want to let go of her, but instead grab her hand tighter.

She didn't expect that Xiao Qi would be like this one day. It was just like how she used to chase him shamelessly, and now he was chasing her shamelessly.

But what was the use? She was about to get married.

She had already lost her hope, and she was not in the mood to enjoy it.

"Xiao Qi, don't you forget that I have a fiancé now. Are you trying to ruin my reputation?"

"I will take responsibility, and you know I’m not a irresponsible person."

"..." This feeling was really strange. She was chased by Xiao Qi like this, and she was cared about by Xiao Qi like this.

"You should know that my fiancé is not someone who you should offend easily."

"I have no other choices." He stared at her closely, saying every word with extreme earnestness, "I'm afraid I have to offend him. "

She had never seen Xiao Qi behave like this before, caring about her so much, not hesitating to become domineering and unreasonable.

Her body seemed to have memories, as if she had been used to his suppression; she was at a loss for what to do in the face of his softness.

Meng Yu really hated this feeling.

She tried to keep her senses and said to him, "If you don't let me go, I will call the police."

"Go ahead." He didn't care at all.

"..."

Meng Yu didn't lie to him. She really planned to call the police. She didn't want to keep entangled with Xiao Qi like this. She took out her mobile phone, but before she called the police, Xiao Qi's mobile phone rang.

In the crowded open-air parking lot, when he vowed to have a confrontation with her fiancé, when he rarely showed his care for her so blatantly, his cell phone rang. 

He looked at the caller ID of the phone before answering it after a long silence, because she was very close to him at this time, and the voice on the other end became clear.

She heard a little girl crying and said to him, "Daddy, I can’t wake up mommy."

Xiao Qi frowned and said, "Huan Huan, have you forgotten what I said? Don’t call me Daddy anymore."

"I'm sorry, Uncle Xiao Qi, I forgot."

"What happened to your mother?"

"Mommy started sleeping at noon, but she hasn't woken up yet, I tried to wake her up, but she is not opening her eyes, I'm so scared."

"Pass the phone to the uncle doctor first."

Meng Yu wanted to take back her hand, but Xiao Qi seemed to be on guard all the time. He tightened his fingers when she moved, but she didn't know what he heard over the phone this time, his body froze for a second. Then she heard him ask tremblingly, "You said it is pneumonia? Okay, I’m heading there now.”

And Meng Yu finally took back her hand while he was distracted.

Xiao Qi hung up the phone with a complicated expression. After a long silence, he sighed heavily, "Elder Sister Ai Qing originally had a bad cold, but now it has developed into pneumonia. She is now in a very dangerous condition, I have to-"

Meng Yu interrupted, "What you are going to do has nothing to do with me."

Meng Yu didn't even look at him, and went straight into the mall, but this time Xiao Qi didn't follow her.

Meng Yu bought the mask and had a body wrap. Now she only needed to take good care of herself and keep her spirits up. After three months, she would be a beautiful bride. Everything about Xiao Qi had nothing to do with her.

Ai Qing's pneumonia came fiercely, and the doctor tried his best to rescue her. She had been in a coma for two days before she woke up. During this time Xiao Qi stayed in the hospital.

Xiao Qi bought her porridge, "You haven't eaten for a few days, so drink some porridge first."

Ai Qing wanted to take it, but she really had no strength in her hands. Xiao Qi said, "I'll feed you."

He fed the porridge to her slowly. Ai Qing apologized, "It's all because of me that you are unable to work."

"It’s fine, you just need to rest."

"By the way, how is you and Meng Yu..."

He shook his head, Ai Qing's expression became even heavier, "It's probably because of me. I only blame myself for being so weak, and always need your help. I will go back to my hometown after I get better, so that Meng Yu will not get annoyed and misunderstand it."

He was silent for a while and said, "No, she will understand it, and I have a way to get her back."

"Really?" Ai Qing smiled, "that’s great to hear.”

Xiao Qi was very sure about getting back Meng Yu. They had been together for so many years. She knew him well and he knew her well. He knew what she wanted and knew how she wanted him to treat her. He had never given her the attention she wanted before, now he would give her whatever she wanted.

Once Ai Qing got better, he planned to apply for a transfer to the Yancheng branch; he would be close to her if he worked in Yancheng.

When the time came, he would slowly make up for her. He would treat her well and love her well. He would also try to get her and the other party to cancel the wedding. As for the consequences, he would help her bear all the consequences.

She wanted to marry him before, but he had never had a clear attitude. He now understood what he wanted and was determined to be with her.

After she canceled the wedding, he would give her a wedding, a wedding belonging to them.

Meng Yu's wedding was still three months away, three months was enough for him, and he had enough time to make her come back to him.

However, what Xiao Qi didn't know was that Chu Xiujin had advanced the wedding date because of him...

Previous

TOC

Next

please vote for this series on NU through the link below
If you would like to support this translation, you may choose any one of the options below.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh I hate him. Like if I read this when I was younger, I would have definitely fallen for this schtick! "Oh your childhood friend needs your help, okay go to her." And be wanting MY to be more understanding. But now I look and see how wrong it could go. I understand he has a debt to the friend but how far is he going to take it? If he and MY had stayed together how long could she have endured him putting the friend over her, what if they had a family and still he put the friend & her kid ahead. It'd look embarrassing as hell! As if he was raising a mistress and an illegitimate child outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, he has no future and he doesn't really love the protagonist, it's just that he got used to her company but getting used to her is not the same as loving.

      Delete
  2. He really is scum. Again, he deliberately withheld his affection when he knew she wanted it. He claims he will correct his past mistakes but he is still dismissing her concerns, her maturity, her decisions. He has failed to correct the one thing that broke them up, his proximity to his white moonlight.

    ReplyDelete