Driver of The Beautiful CEO - Chapter 23: Thoughtful Lin Xue

Eleven in the morning, at the airport.

After Liu Yanbo sent Yin Hanruo to the company, Bai Bin suddenly called and told him he would leave the city to return to the army today. He was in a hurry.

After getting out of the car, Liu Yanbo saw Bai Bin and his comrades standing at the entrance of the hall. He walked over to them and asked, "didn’t you get a week off? Why will you leave today?"

Bai Bin shook his head and smiled bitterly, saying: "What can I do, I must take care of my duties."

Liu Yanbo patted Bai Bin's shoulder and nodded.

The army was different from normal work, where you could take a vacation and ignore everything job-related. Such a thing was not allowed in the army.

As a soldier, whenever and wherever you are, you must rush to the place you are needed to do your duty as soon as possible.

Soldiers were called away while eating New Year's Eve dinner and sometimes, they were called away when getting married. Such things happened from time to time.

This was a soldier’s life!

Protecting the country was a daily thing. They were always ready to listen to the call of their motherland and its people!

This was our most lovely soldier brother.

Liu Yanbo carried a traditional wine gourd in his hand which he went home to get. He gently put it in Bai Bin’s hands. The sad mood of parting came to his mind. Liu Yanbo quietly said, "this is what I took when I left the village. It was made by Uncle San himself. There’s only a bit left, save it for a special occasion."

"I see." Bai Bin's eyes were slightly red, holding the wine gourd tightly in his hands.

A thirteen-year-old wine, this gourd was filled with deep thoughts.

People came and left the airport. The speaker announced again reminding that another plane was about to take off.

Liu Yanbo looked at the hall and asked, "when is your flight?"

"It’s this one," brother Biao replied instead, then took something out of his pants pocket, and handed it to Liu Yanbo. He said with a smile, "we know that young Sir Bo is fond of smoking. My brothers don't have anything to offer, so please take these cigarettes from me as a parting gift. I hope you don't blame my brothers for being stingy."

"Oh brother Biao, you’re the best!" Liu Yanbo took the packet with a smile and said, "but I didn't prepare any gifts for you guys."

"The best gift is for you to take care of our snow girl for us." Brother Biao looked at Lin Xue and laughed, joking: "our snow girl grows prettier every day, young Sir Bo you must watch her closely. Don't let any ungrateful weasel take it away."

‘Ha ha’~

A group of old men were laughing so loudly that they made people look sideways and walk away quickly.

"Brother Biao, you make fun of me again." Lin Xue angrily complained, "if you do this again, I will ignore you later."

"Make fun of you? What did I say? Was there anything wrong with what I said?” brother Biao put on a poker face and said seriously, "we’re in public, let’s be serious."

‘HA HA’~

As soon as he finished speaking, there was a burst of laughter again. He couldn't help laughing too.

The airport speaker urged again those who have not yet boarded to check-in.

"Young Sir Bin, take care of yourself!"

"Young Sir Bo, take care!"

The two whispered, hugging, and saying goodbye.

"Take care of yourselves, brothers." Liu Yanbo hugged brother Biao and then said goodbye one by one. He proudly said, "next time you guys come to the city, I will prepare good wine and food. Then I’ll take you on a personal drive to the city’s best spots!”

The comrades nodded and left smiling and waving.

Men's friendship was like this, even if it was a short moment, they identified with each other and there was no need for more words, everything was just right.

He saw off Bai bin and his team, then took Lin Xue to the Mercedes Benz.

Liu Yanbo remembered his responsibility, and asked: "Girl, where do you live?"

"Big brother Bai helped me rent a house in the Jiasheng community." Lin Xue murmured with her head lowered while playing with her clothes.

Liu Yanbo thought about it and asked, "is that Jiasheng community in Baiyang road?"

As a great taxi driver, Liu Yanbo knew all the streets of the city.

Lin Xue nodded, "yeah."

She was still shy. After all, she just met Liu Yanbo. It wasn’t about lack of trust, she was just not used to him yet. 

Liu Yanbo smiled and asked seriously, "girl, do I look like a big bad wolf?" 

Lin Xue shook her head quickly and said, "no."

Liu Yanbo rolled his eyes and said gloomily, "then why are you afraid of me? You don't want to talk to me more."

"It’s not that, I just don't know what to say to big brother Liu. I'm afraid to say something wrong and make you unhappy." Lin Xue's head lowered even more, and her face became red again.

"Girl, don’t forget, if you have anything to say in the future, tell me. Just like how you and brother Bai usually do. I’ll be unhappy if you don't talk to me, do you understand?" Liu Yanbo said.

Lin Xue looked up, smiled, and nodded: "brother Liu, where are we going now?"

"Anywhere you want to go." Liu Yanbo smiled and tried acting like a real big brother.

Lin Xue thought about it and excitedly said, "I want to go to the place where I’ll work tonight."

Liu Yanbo frowned and asked, "what work?"

"I’ll be a waiter in a bar." Lin added, "it's called Tianshui bar."

Tianshui bar?

Liu Yanbo's impression of the place was not good, he beat people up there.

"Why do you want to work in that kind of place?" Liu Yanbo's eyebrows tightened and he was puzzled. "Are you short of money?"

Lin Xue shook her head and weakly said: "No, brother Bai gave me a lot of money. I just want to learn to be independent so that you don't have to worry about me."

She did not lack money.

On the contrary, she was rich.

Two years ago, when Lin Feng was killed on a mission, the pension was naturally given to his only sister Lin Xue.

Bai Bin and his comrades would always give Lin Xue at least 10,000 yuan a month.

For Lin Xue who was still a student, these two incomes were undoubtedly huge sums of money.

The money on the card accumulated more and more, but she was modest and never spent a penny.

It was the real hard-earned money of her brothers, so she was reluctant to spend it.

"Do they know about this?"

Liu Yanbo didn’t dare to take this lightly, he had to get to the bottom of the matter.

Lin Xue could see Liu Yanbo’s displeasure, she lowered her head again, "Brother Bai knows."

Knowing but not stopping it, that was agreeing.

"Nonsense!" Liu Yanbo seldom got angry but right now he was really indignant, scolding: "Are they mentally ill?!"

Lin Xue was shocked by Liu Yanbo's sudden scolding and explained while trembling: "Don't blame them, I’m the one that’s determined to go."

Liu Yanbo really blamed them on this matter.

An 18-year-old female student who went to an unfit bar as a waiter should of course be stopped and strongly opposed.

‘’Drip~’ Lin Xue's tears fell and she choked: "Brother Liu, do you know? I was a burden when I was young. When my brother was alive, I was his burden. He never had a girlfriend, because he was afraid he wouldn’t be able to take care of me well. After my brother died, Brother Bai and his team came to find me and I became their burden. They violated the rules by secretly sneaking out of the army to take care of me and prevent others from bullying me." Lin Xue was talking more and more agitatedly. "Now, I'm going to be Brother Liu's burden again, do you know? I really hate myself like this."

This was why Bai Bin had to agree.

"Brother Liu, would you please let me try it?"

Index

Previous Chapter

Next Chapter

1 comment:

  1. iq test right here, mc better not let her work at that place

    ReplyDelete