TDCM Chapter 8

Chapter 8 - I Brought Home a Wild Man

"But you're too careless. The Sky Pearl is a divine tool! A divine tool! How could you take it out so easily? And the Sky Pearl is your last fortress. Even if you have the opportunity to share it, you shouldn't hand it over. Once you give it to someone, if she wants to kill you, even your last defense will be gone."

“But…” Ye Chenyuan frowned and was poked in the mouth by Yuan Chu’s tender little finger. He watched her draw near and smile charmingly. There was a light in her eyes that he could not understand.

“No buts. If you’re truly so thankful, then if you ever get something in the future, can you give it to me?”

Ye Chenyuan immediately asked, “What is it?”

Yuan Chu stroked her chin and said, “It’s a mirror called the Morning Mirror. It’s said that only the person possessing the Sky Pearl can find it. And it’s a divine tool too! You won’t be unwilling to give it to me, right?”

“How could I be unwilling?” Ye Chenyuan hurriedly answered, “As long as it’s something you want, I’ll give it all to you!”

Yuan Chu patted his shoulder. There was a smile that was not a smile on her face.

“If so, then I’ll thank you in advance!”

She was a bit regretful and also a bit guilty. He just perfectly willingly agreed to give her something she tried unsuccessfully to snatch for an entire lifetime. Looks like I’ll have to treat him a bit better in the future.

Only after Ye Chenyuan found the materials he needed did Yuan Chu think of an important matter. Now that she had the stuff, who was going to refine it?

Seeing Yuan Chu distressed, Ye Chenyuan understandingly said, “It’s fine if it’s a bit later. Any circumstance is experience for us people on the path of cultivation. I’m not in a hurry.”

Yuan Chu shook her head. “The Myriad Sword Sect has very strict rules.  If you miss the mountain opening ceremony competition, you’ll have to wait three years. It’s okay. I know just who to ask!”

Ye Chenyuan was a bit hesitant because what he needed refined was a rank six pill. In the entire heavenly continent, there were less than ten alchemists past rank six.

He truly didn’t want to trouble her, but Yuan Chu was someone who stuck to her word. After making up her mind, she laughed evilly. They left for the Myriad Sword Sect after she ransacked the entire medicine field.

If she remembered correctly, didn't the Myriad Sword Sect's Uncle Sect Master just become a rank six alchemist?

Myriad Sword Sect

When Yuan Chu arrived at the sect, she didn't  even have the time to breathe before the sect master called her over to lecture her.

The sect master and two elders sat high upon the dignified and desolate audience hall. It was a meeting between the most important members of the sect.

"You still know how to come back!"

The sect master looked like he was only twenty three years old. He was very handsome with a hint of scholarly refinement, but there were no ugly people in the world of cultivation. Even angered, he was still so pleasing to the eye.

Facing this kind of matter, Yuan Chu collected enough experience in her last life! So she hurriedly admitted her wrongs the moment she walked in, her attitude extremely sincere!

“I was wrong. I shouldn’t have went running off. I didn’t forget that my Nascent Soul isn’t stable and that it’s easy to to have Qi Deviation and that it’s easy to be killed by demonic cultivators for refinement. I was wrong! Uncle Sect Master, can you not sentence me to confinement, please?”

She said this all in one breath, stealing everything the sect master was about to say right out of his mouth.

Moqi Tingfeng raised his eyebrow slightly, carefully sizing up the little girl kneeling obediently in front of him. He stroked his chin.

“This temperament of your’s…”

Yuan Chu knew her soul was completely merged with this body, so she wasn’t the slightest bit afraid someone might discover her takeover.

“The anniversary of my lord mother’s death was a few days ago. That night, I was overcome with sorrow and wept so much I fainted. When I woke up, I felt that Mother definitely wouldn’t want me to cry all day and be all depressed and reserved. So, I decided to turn over a new leaf, face life with a smile, and start anew!”

Moqi Tingfeng suppressed a smile at her words, but the left and right elders sitting on either side of him couldn’t help laughing.

It was still the same person, but a sudden change in temper was pretty interesting.

Moqi Tingfeng sternly admonished, “Nonsense. Since you rashly left the sect for several days without returning, I sentence you to…”

Alarmed, Yuan Chu hastily used glistening puppy eyes to blink at Moqi Tingfeng. She couldn’t be too obvious in acting cute!

Moqi Tingfeng coughed. Why did he feel that today’s Yuan Chu made it so difficult for him to punish her?

His expression turned solemn. “I sentence you to go to the Cliff of Reflection to reflect on your errors for a… day! That is your punishment!”

The two elders looked at the sect master, unsatisfied. Wasn’t it usually at least a year? A day could be called punishment? The sect master was going against precedent.

The sect master also regretted saying it. However, Yuan Chu’s eyes lit up and she immediately kowtowed, shouting, “Thank you, Uncle Sect Master. I know Uncle was definitely taking pity on how young I am and how my parents aren’t around to be so partial. I will definitely reflect properly and not waste the sect’s painstaking efforts!”

Her words left them without anything to say. Was the girl really not possessed or something?

Not waiting for them to question her, she revealed an embarrassed expression.

“But, I brought someone back…”

“Stop making trouble!” Moqi Tingfeng’s face darkened. “Did you forget the sect’s rules? How could you rashly bring someone to the mountain? Send him away!”

“No, no, no!” Yuan Chu hastily interrupted. “I’ll have him go through all the procedures. Isn’t it the mountain opening ceremony in a few days? Just have him compete with the new disciples. I want to accept him as my disciple and he agreed. The other nascent souls are accepting disciples during the ceremony. But for a nascent soul like me, anyone who knows a bit won’t seek my tutelage… Uncle Sect Master, you wouldn’t have the heart to see me so awkward on that day, right?”

She pouted and drew circles on the ground. A cute little ball of fluff like her, don’t even mention how pitiful she looked.

Moqi Tingfeng hated that he couldn’t cover his eyes. What was he going to do? He realized he couldn't harden his heart against cute things. How could this be okay?

Yuan Chu bitterly continued, "Only Little Qiu, who was left behind by my mother, is willing to take care of me in the South Wind Hall. Everyone else doesn't want to serve a little girl. In such a big mountain, I don't don't even have anyone to play with. It's so inhumane if even this tiny request is refused…"

Her voice became very quiet in the end, but how could the venerable sect master not hear it? His heart softened. After all, Yuan Chu truly used to keep to herself. She was extremely introverted from a young age. Thus, without waiting for the elders to protest, he grudgingly agreed.

“Alright, alright. Send him to Punishment Wind Hall to explain his origins. If it’s proved that he is an ordinary person, then on the day of the mountain opening ceremony, you can accept him if that is what you wish.”

Unfortunately, that child will certainly learn nothing under Little Yuan Chu. Never mind, it’ll be fine if he gives some pointers when he has some time.

Only now did Yuan Chu jump up and reveal a brilliant smile!

"Uncle Sect Master, you're awesome! Can I bring up my last request?"

Like this, Yuan Chu brazenly reached for a mile after she was given an inch, making Moqi Tingfeng displeased.

Previous Chapter 

Index 

No comments:

Post a Comment